Water damage can be caused by various sources whether it be weather conditions like heavy rain and flooding or internal issues like pipe bursts. In such a situation, immediate action is crucial, because the longer the water sits, the worse the damage becomes. Many building materials are porous, so they absorb water, making it easy to spread the damage. With such damage, there’s also a great risk for mold growth. Coventry Services provides Ellicott City, MD, with water damage restoration services for residential and commercial properties affected by excess water or flooding. Using advanced equipment, our IICRC-certified and well-trained staff will extract the excess water and moisture from your home or business. This will prevent the damage from worsening and mold growth from developing.
Damage from Excess Water
No matter how small or how significant, excess water in your property can easily be absorbed by porous building materials. These materials will then become discolored, warped, and rotten, leading to structural concerns and potential mold growth. Because of this, immediate action is necessary to limit the damage done. By doing the following, you can help prevent water damage from worsening:
- If possible, stop the water source.
- Keep upholstery skirts and drapes off the floor.
- Gather valuable and delicate items like photos and paintings, and store them in a safe, dry location.
- Get aluminum foil and put it beneath all furniture legs to serve as protection for the floor and to prevent more damage.
- Don’t attempt to clean any floodwater on your own, because there’s a good chance it’s contaminated.
- Get in touch with Coventry Services for our professional water damage restoration services in Ellicott City, MD.
Affected By Water Damage? Watch Our Video:
Trusted Water Removal
At Coventry Services, all our technicians have IICRC certification in water mitigation and use the industry’s best extraction techniques and equipment. That said, you can trust us to effectively extract any excess water and moisture from affected furnishings and building materials, which is done with advanced drying and dehumidification equipment. When the moisture and water have been eliminated, we proceed by cleaning and restoring damaged areas.
The following can be expected from the water damage restoration services we provide:
- Initial assessment to evaluate the amount of damage done
- Water extraction and drying
- Drying structural components
- If needed, demolition
- Drying damaged furnishings and contents
- Cleaning carpeting and upholstery
- Cleaning sewage backups
Water damage can easily become a severe problem for your home or business, which makes it imperative that it is properly dealt with. If you come across water damage in your property, then you need to get in touch with Coventry Services for the water damage restoration services we provide on a 24/7 basis in Ellicott City, MD. Give us a call at 443-971-3957.