Mold in homes and buildings is a serious problem that can result in major property damage as well as allergic reactions from exposure. Mold growth tends to appear in areas affected by excess moisture and water damage, and it uses cellulose which is found in wood, drywall, and other building materials as a food source. If mold growth is not removed right away, it will cause increasing damage to the affected materials which could result in structural damage. The risk for adverse health effects also increases the longer people are exposed to mold.
A-Co Restoration provides mold remediation services in Boise, ID to remove mold growth from homes and commercial buildings. We use specialized cleaning products to kill mold and we can restore or remove objects and materials that have been damaged.
Damage Caused by Mold
Mold growth can result in major property damage because it devours the surfaces and materials that it grows on. Cellulose is the main indoor food source for mold growth, and it can be found in wood, drywall, insulation, and other common building materials. With enough time, wood and drywall structures can become weak which increases the risk for serious structural damage. Mold is also a threat to spread to new areas by dispersing its spores.
The health issues cause by mold exposure are also a major concern. Those exposed may experience allergic reactions including coughing, nasal congestion, headaches, skin irritation, and itchy eyes and throat. If someone is exposed to mold for too long, they may experience more severe health issues including asthma or respiratory infections.
There are many different types of mold. The one most associated with water damage is black mold. Black mold needs to be treated carefully, if improperly handled it can lead to the mold being spread everywhere. It can be tempting to try and clean out the mold yourself but this will often lead to further, more extensive damage. When dealing with black mold it is best to let the certified experts handle it.
Mold grows in dark, moist areas. A common cause of a mold breakout is unnoticed water damage. Mold is something that needs to be taken care of properly as soon as possible because will gradually destroy the things it grows on. It is important to prevent damage to your building and furnishings; the best decision you can make is bringing in the professionals.
Affected By Mold? Watch Our Video:
Having a mold related issue? Call our team to schedule an inspection (208) 747-8525.
Professional Mold Removal
You may be tempted to try and clean mold growth yourself, but you should call our professionals to handle this because improper cleaning can make the mold worse and put your health at risk. Our professionals are IICRC certified to effectively remove mold growth as well as clean and restore the damaged materials.
We start by locating and addressing the cause of the mold growth which is usually a problem concerning water damage or excess moisture. We then treat affected surfaces and materials with SERUM, a peroxide based chemical cleaner that penetrates surfaces to remove mold and other contaminants and kill odors. After we treat the affected surfaces with this cleaner, we use a HEPA filter to make sure all contaminants are removed. Your property will be restored to a safe and clean environment after experiencing mold growth.
Make sure you call our professionals if your home or business in Boise, ID has been affected by mold growth. The technicians of A-Co Restoration are IICRC certified to remove mold growth and we can repair and restore the affected areas. Give us a call at (208) 747-8525 for professional mold removal.