American Cleaning Service
Water damage comes in all shapes and sizes and no matter the source or the amount of water, it can cause trouble in your home or building. Common causes of water damage include flooding, rain, and other wet weather conditions as well as problems like roof and foundation leaks, plumbing issues, overflows, and sewage backups. All instances of water damage require immediate attention to limit its spread and prevent serious damage or mold growth in the affected areas.
American Cleaning Service provides water damage restoration services in Boise, ID to remove excess moisture and flooding from homes and commercial buildings. Our technicians use advanced water extraction and drying equipment to dry your property and we can also address resulting property damage and mold growth.
Damage Caused by Water
Water damage can happen at any time, and it is important to take action as soon as you notice the issue. Water spreads easily through homes and buildings by getting absorbed into porous materials like flooring, drywall, wood, insulation, and furnishings. As these materials absorb more water, they become vulnerable to serious damage and mold growth. The presence of mold increases the damage as well as the risk of health issues from exposure.
Calling our professionals when you notice water damage will limit its spread and stop the damage to your property. After you call us for water mitigation, you should take the following steps:
- Shut off the electricity to the affected areas. If major flooding occurs, the power to the entire home or building should be shut off.
- If you have found the source of the water or leak, stop it if you can.
- Move your belongings to higher floors to save them from water damage.
- Stay away from the affected areas. Indoor flooding can be hazardous.
Water Damage Cleanup from American Cleaning Services
Our technicians at American Cleaning Service are IICRC certified to provide complete water damage cleanup. You can expect us to arrive with advanced equipment to effectively remove flood water and moisture and we will also look for and address any mold or mildew growth.
Our water mitigation services include the following steps:
- Assessment: We will start by assessing the spread of the water and extent of the damage to form a restoration plan. You will be informed of our plan and the steps we will take.
- Extraction and drying: We use industrial level sump pumps to remove standing water and we will set up dehumidifiers and fans to handle the drying. If your power is out, we will have a generator to power our equipment.
- Cleanup and restoration: It is possible for flood water to contain contaminants that can affect your health. After your property is dried, we will clean and restore the affected areas and repair structural damage to wood and drywall.
- Mold check: Throughout the water restoration process, we will look for mold or mildew. Mold growth is a common problem when water damage occurs because the spores thrive in most areas. If we find mold or mildew, we will remove it from your property.
If your home or business in Boise, ID is affected by water damage or flooding, do not hesitate to call our professionals at American Cleaning Service. You can call us 24 hours a day at (208) 747-8525 for water damage emergencies.