There are few things more frustrating than finding standing water within your home or building. Indoor flooding causes significant property damage and may leave you feeling overwhelmed and unsure of how to start the recovery. If standing water is not removed in a timely manner, there is likely to be serious structural damage and mold growth in the affected areas. It is important to call a flood damage professional immediately if your property is flooded.
At A-Co Restoration, we provide flood damage cleanup services to help homes and businesses in Boise, ID affected by indoor flooding. Our technicians have the equipment needed to remove standing water and we can effectively dry and restore the damaged areas.
Sources of Indoor Flooding
When most people think of indoor flooding, they likely think of flooding caused by storms, heavy rain, and natural flooding. When this type of flooding occurs, you need to consider the possibility that the water is contaminated. Natural flood water often mixes with sewage, dirt, and other debris that makes the water more dangerous and more damaging. It is best to stay away from flood water that is likely contaminated.
Indoor flooding can also be caused by issues within your home such as burst pipes, toilet overflows, and washing machine, refrigerator, and dishwasher leaks. Plumbing fixtures, pipes, and appliances have a lot of water going through them and any damage can cause a serious leak that will fill a room, especially if it initially goes unnoticed. Flood water from these sources tends to be cleaner, but you should still exercise caution.
Professional Flood Cleanup
The excessive amount of water from indoor flooding can quickly cause widespread damage to the affected furnishings and materials and there is a high risk for mold and mildew growth. It is important for flood water to be removed properly by professionals as removing too much too fast can contribute to the damage of structural materials.
Our professionals at A-Co Restoration are IICRC certified and equipped to clean up flooding and restore damaged homes and buildings. We will respond right away to your call to start the cleanup process and help limit the damage.
You can expect the following steps from our flood damage restoration services:
- Assessment: We will first assess the flooding situation on your property and the resulting damage so we can form an effective restoration plan.
- Extraction and drying: Using our advanced industrial level sump pumps, we will remove the standing water and set up dehumidifiers and fans to dry the area. We remove flood water strategically to avoid causing further damage.
- Cleanup and restoration: Once the affected areas are dry, we will provide cleaning and disinfection to ensure that your property is safe. This is especially important in cases involving sewage or contaminated water.
- Mold check: Our technicians will be on the lookout for mold or mildew, and we will take action to remove mold if we find it.
- Storm damage repair: If your home or building has experienced structural damage in addition to flooding due to a storm, our professionals can work with roofers, plumbers, tree service professionals, and other specialists to help fully restore your property.
Indoor flooding is an overwhelming situation that can result in serious property damage. Your best course of action is to call our professionals at A-Co Restoration immediately so we can start the recovery of your property and help limit the damage. We are available 24 hours a day at (208) 747-8525 for emergency flood cleanup in Boise, ID.