For as often as water damage occurs, it can still be a tough problem to deal with and it is sometimes difficult to tell the extent of the damage. Water damage can start from many sources including rain, floods, humidity, plumbing, leaks, and overflows and it can quickly spread through a home or building to cause extensive damage. ServiceMaster of Albuquerque and West Mesa provides water damage restoration services in Albuquerque and Bernalillo, NM to stop the spread of the damage and remove excess water. We make sure to arrive quickly to limit the damage before it becomes widespread or results in mold growth.
Water Damage Restoration Process
At ServiceMaster of Albuquerque and West Mesa, we have the training and experience to handle any case of water damage in homes and commercial spaces. We use the best cleaning and drying equipment of the industry to remove excess water from the affected structural elements, furnishings, and content and we will make sure to cleanup and repair the resulting damage. Our water damage restoration services are broken down into the following phases:
- Phase 1: Emergency Response: We respond within 2-4 hours of your call and provide a complete evaluation of the damage.
- Phase 2: Water Removal and Drying: We use advanced drying equipment that will effectively remove water and moisture from affected surfaces.
- Phase 3: Reinstallation and Cleaning: Any furnishings or other large objects that were removed for cleaning will be replaced.
Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Water damage can be just as disruptive in an office or commercial space as the damage can cost your company money in repairs and lost time. ServiceMaster of Albuquerque and West Mesa provides water damage restoration services in commercial settings to stop the damage from spreading and get your business restored as quickly as possible to minimize the interruption to your daily activities.
What to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Contact ServiceMaster of Albuquerque and West Mesa immediately because water damage quickly spreads through wood, drywall, and insulation to cause extensive damage and mold growth.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blot drying.
- Remove wet area rugs and other non-permanent floor coverings but do not try to remove any permanent flooring or carpeting.
- Keep the drapes off the floor by putting them through the bottom of a coat hanger and placing the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe excess water from wet furniture and put aluminum foil under the legs to protect the carpet.
- Move photos, paintings, and other delicate objects somewhere safe.
- Keep water damage books on their shelves until they can be treated with specialized drying.
What Not to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Do not enter a room with standing water if the power is still on.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner to remove excess water.
- Do not try to remove permanent flooring or carpeting.
- Do not use electrical appliances if you are standing on a wet floor.
- Do not try to remove any mold growth.
No amount of water damage should ever be ignored so do not hesitate to contact ServiceMaster of Albuquerque and West Mesa if you discover water damage in your home or building in Albuquerque and Bernalillo, NM. We have the training and equipment to remove all excess water and get your home or office restored to its original condition. You can call us 24 hours a day at (505) 814-1411 for emergency water damage restoration services.