The magnitude of the damage caused by a fire can be huge as the flames cause intense charring and the smoke and soot extends beyond where the flames touched to cause etching and tarnishing. After the fire is extinguished, the soot will continue to spread and the chemical emissions and corrosive byproducts from the fire can also cause further damage that will become permanent if the restoration does not begin quickly enough. ServiceMaster by Rice provides fire and smoke damage repair services to restore fire damaged homes and businesses in Cedar Rapids, IA. You should contact us as soon as the fire is put out to mitigate the damage and prevent it from becoming permanent.
Our technicians respond quickly to help limit the fire damage in your home or building and we have the training and expertise to repair the damage to the structural elements and furnishings as well as remove soot from a variety of household surfaces. The cleaning products and equipment that we use are the best available and allow us to clean and restore the following:
- Carpet and Upholstery: We can remove soot and fire damage from carpeting and upholstery including smoke odor and we can also remove excess water left over from putting out the fire.
- Walls, Floors, Ceilings, and Cabinets: We can remove soot and tarnishing from these surfaces with our advanced cleaning products and protect them from corrosion.
- Soft Goods: Clothing, curtains, drapes, and other similar objects can be cleaned and restored off-site with our restoration dry cleaning services.
- Structural Restoration: We can repair and restore the structural elements of your home that have been damaged by the fire.
After a quick assessment of the fire damage, we create a restoration plan with these steps:
- Complete Assessment: We do a complete assessment of the fire, smoke, and water damage and create a restoration plan based on this assessment.
- Emergency Response: It is important to react quickly to fire damage because fires can leave a home vulnerable to further and even permanent damage. We respond to fire damage emergencies in Marion and Cedar Rapids 24 hours a day.
- Fire and Smoke Restoration: We will salvage furnishings and structural elements that can be saved and determine which ones cannot be saved.
- Deodorization: Odors left from the fire or smoke can be removed with our Ozone and hydroxyl units.
- Corrosion Control: The byproducts and chemical emissions from a fire can cause corrosion on electronics, fabrics, walls, and other building materials. We clean these surfaces effectively to help prevent corrosion and permanent damage.
Fires can cause widespread, even permanent damage very quickly so if your home or building in Cedar Rapids has sustained damage in a fire, contact ServiceMaster by Rice for fire and smoke damage repair. We have years of experience plus the best equipment in the industry to deal with fire damage in commercial and residential settings.
We can be reached 24 hours a day at (319) 243-3777 for fire damage emergencies in Cedar Rapids, IA.