Hoarding has become much better understood as a psychological disorder and as a result, hoarding cleaning services have become much more considerate of the individual and more effective. The behaviors of hoarding are well known but many people may not realize that hoarding behaviors can lead to dangerous conditions that increase fire and health risks while threatening the safety of those inside the home. RestorationMaster provides hoarding cleaning services in Northbrook, IL to help clean out and restore the homes of hoarders. We will remove unwanted items as well as clean and organize what is left to restore the home to safer living conditions.
Individuals that hoard often collect all types of objects and have an inability to part with anything which causes the amount of hoarded items to grow. As the hoard expands, parts of the home become blocked off and the risk of a fire greatly increases. There is also a higher chance of negative health effects as the hoard of items may harbor bacteria, mold, and other biohazard materials that can contribute to allergies and illness. It is important to clean out the home of a hoarder as soon as possible to minimize these risks but those that struggle with hoarding are usually embarrassed by their situation and will not reach out for help on their own. It takes a trusted friend or family member to intervene and help the individual understand the importance of having their home cleaned out.
The technicians of RestorationMaster are well trained and equipped to handle even the most intense hoarding cleaning projects by removing unnecessary clutter and recovering valuable personal items. We approach each hoarding cleaning project with compassion and respect and perform the following actions:
- Save valuables such as money, jewelry, and photographs
- Dispose of unwanted waste and clutter
- Help decide what should be kept, thrown away, recycled, or donated
- Distribute kept items to friends and family members
- Assist with paperwork from trusts, attorneys, and government agencies
Hoarding Cleaning Approach from RestorationMaster
RestorationMaster Restore recently collaborated with Matt Paxton to develop a new approach to hoarding cleaning that puts the affected individual at the center of the cleaning process to give them control in the situation. This new approach also aims to establish mutual feelings of trust and respect before any of the cleaning actually begins. This hoarding cleaning approach is divided into the following 3 phases:
Phase 1: Building a Personal Connection
- We try to get an initial assessment of the problem without entering the home.
- We establish a relationship with the individual based on mutual trust and respect.
- We start creating the cleaning plan with help from the individual and their family and during this stage, we may also refer the individual to a counseling professional if necessary.
Phase 2: Creating and Implementing a Cleaning Plan
- The cleaning plan is created with the help of the individual.
- Once the hoarded items are removed, we will clean and reorganize what is left.
- We can help make decisions on whether objects should be kept, thrown away, recycled, or donated while leaving the ultimate decision to the individual.
Phase 3: Follow Up
- Once the cleanup is complete, we form a cleaning plan to help the individual continue to maintain their home.
- We follow up with the individual to make sure this plan is being followed and if necessary we will provide further cleaning services.
- The individual will be kept in control of the entire process.
If you know someone that struggles with hoarding in Northbrook, IL or the surrounding areas, make sure to contact RestorationMaster for hoarding cleaning services before the situation becomes dangerous. We will completely clean out and restore the home while establishing a feeling of trust and respect with the affected individual. You can call us anytime at (847) 558-6604 for more information about our hoarder cleaning services.
Hoarding Services by RestorationMaster: