Water damage may occur in a home or building due to a flood or a moisture leak and if action is not taken to remove the water and repair the damage, it could become permanent. RestorationMaster provides water damage repair and restoration services for homes and businesses in Cordova, TN that have been damaged by flooding or excess water. It is beneficial to call for water damage restoration services immediately to remove the standing water and help contain the damage.
Our staff at RestorationMaster uses the industry’s most advanced products, procedures, and equipment for the most effective flood damage cleanup service.
What to do after water damage
If you discover water damage, your first priority should be to contact RestorationMaster for our water damage restoration services. After placing the call, you can start the process by performing these actions:
- Mop or blot dry wet areas to remove water.
- Take out wet area rugs and floor coverings.
- Put drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and hang it on the drapery rod to keep the bottoms off the floor.
- Wipe down wet furniture and stand the cushions up for even drying.
- Put photos and paintings in a location that is safe and dry.
- Open doors, drawers, and cabinet doors to help the drying process.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not walk into a room that has standing water unless the electricity is shut off.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not remove permanent carpeting without assistance from a professional.
- Do not use electrical appliances on a wet floor or carpet.
- Do not disturb mold growth.
- Leave damaged books on the shelves and pack them tightly together so the pages do not warp.
Our water damage restoration process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
If flooding should occur in the Cordova, TN area, contact RestorationMaster for our water damage restoration services. Our phone lines are open at (901) 410-4664, anytime 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.