Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration
While it is extremely important to prevent water damage, the majority of homeowners may not think that they are at risk. Unfortunately, there are many different sources that can contribute to water leaks and damage. It may start out small at first; however, it can go unnoticed until a pool of water is then discovered in the basement or crawlspace of a home. Water damage can also occur if the moisture levels on your property are particularly high. When this happens, beads of water can be soaked up by porous materials, such as drywall, compromising its structure. If not treated right away, it can also develop mold growth as bacteria begin to gather to the affected area. However, Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration provides 24/7 water damage repair services in Cary, IL. Using advanced equipment and products, our experienced technicians will extract all excess water in addition to treating mold growth for specific areas. We will also secure areas that are at risk for future water and mold damage.
Our water damage repair services include the following:
- Complete water extraction
- Dehumidification and drying
- Restoration/replacement of water damaged surfaces
- Sanitization of the damaged areas
- Odor removal
- Cleaning of contents
- Drying documents
- Electronic restoration
Flood Damage Repair
In addition to their years of experience, our technicians undergo frequent training in order to remain updated on all of the latest equipment and restoration trends. From leaks to seepage, they are knowledgeable in assessing the damage of all types of surfaces as well as being certified to perform the water restoration services. Our fields of expertise include: water damage extraction, sewage contamination cleanup, mold removal, reinstallation, dehumidification systems, corrosion control, and more.
Water Restoration – What to Do
- Remain calm. It is hard to think clearly in taking the proper steps when you are overwhelmed by the damage.
- Call Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration as soon as possible to prevent the spread of damage.
- Turn off the main water line to prevent additional water damage.
- Place a piece of tin foil between furniture legs to prevent the water from traveling upwards.
- Prop up any wet sofa cushions and pillows to allow for efficient drying.
- Remove any wet area rugs from the floor.
- Turn off the electricity in all rooms with standing water for your safety.
- Remove all curtains from standing water.
- Pick up any materials that may bleed into the carpet, including: pottery, clothes, printed materials, etc.
Water Mitigation – What NOT to Do:
- Do not enter any room with severe structural or electrical damage.
- Do not place any newspaper on wet carpet to use for walking. The ink from the paper will bleed onto the carpet.
- Do not use a vacuum to remove the water.
- Do not use any electrical appliances until they have been cleared by your technician.
- Do not touch/disturb visible mold.
Our water damage cleanup process includes the following:
- Assessment of the water damage as well as the measurement of moisture levels.
- Extracting excess moisture or water with high-velocity air movers and dehumidification equipment.
- Sewage backup cleaning and corrosion control (if applicable)
It can be extremely overwhelming to discover a flood or a severe amount of water damage in your property, especially if you have just returned after an extended period of time. However, Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration will not only extract the water from the damaged area, we will work with you to restore the damaged materials and belongings. We are available at (815) 733-9123 for water damage restoration services in Cary, IL and the surrounding communities.