Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration
While there are measures to take in order to prevent property fires, they will never provide a fair warning. In other words, the damage has already spread too far in order to be stopped. As many property owners believe that it is the flames that cause the majority of the damage, it is actually the soot and smoke left behind that ruins the materials. Long after the flames have been extinguished, these corrosive byproducts are left to cause etching and tarnishing as they settle into the affected materials. This makes calling Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration as soon as possible essential. We are available 24/7 to arrive quickly and provide fire and smoke damage restoration services in the Cary, IL area. We will not only restore the affected materials but assist in emergency boarding and tarping in order to secure the property. We will also work to restore water damage caused by the firehoses.
Fire Damage Repair
As we are available at all times of the day to restore a house from fire and smoke damage, we will arrive on the scene immediately in order to prevent it from spreading. As we consider getting you back on track a top priority, we will work with you throughout the entire process until the restoration on your home or building is complete. We will treat the surfaces that are at the highest risk for permanent damage first in order to save as many items and building structure as possible. Our technicians are not only licensed to perform emergency fire mitigation services, they follow IICRC standards, using the latest equipment and restoration techniques to provide you with quality services. They also receive classroom and on-the-job training for removing etching and tarnishing from materials of all times, regardless of the spread of damage.
Fire Cleanup – What to Do
- Call Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration right away to limit the spread of the damage.
- Replace all furnace filters.
- Place two layers of cheesecloth over the air vents to disallow floating soot from settling into the materials.
- Cover all damaged furnishings and upholstery with bed sheets to prevent any lingering soot from causing further damage.
- Allow for proper air circulation by opening all windows and doors.
- Remove any food from the freezer, refrigerator, cabinets, and pantry.
- Wipe off all plants, especially the leaves, from the standing soot.
- Transport all pets to clean, safe environment.
- Remove any soot from window and door drapes.
Smoke Damage Cleanup – What NOT to Do
- Do not use any electrical appliances until they have been inspected by your technician.
- Do not eat any food that was present during the fire.
- Do not turn on any ceiling fixtures as they may contain water damage from the firehoses.
- Do not try to clean the damage yourself as it can actually worsen the damage.
- Keep foot traffic to a minimum to avoid stirring up the settled soot.
Our fire restoration services include the following:
- Inspection of the fire and smoke damage
- Board up and tarping services (if necessary)
- Structural shoring and bracing
- Elimination of smoke and soot deposits
- Cleaning of surfaces (tile, laminate, hardwood floors, carpet, glass, paint, metal, block, brick, masonry, etc.)
- Chemical and water mitigation
- Debris removal and demolition
- Media blasting
- Restoration of contents
During a property fire, ensuring the safety of everyone involved is the number one priority. The fire department should then be called immediately; however, not many property owners know what to do after calling the authorities. They must take immediate action in order to save their property from permanent damage caused by the fire, smoke, and soot. This can you not only a headache in the future, but thousands of dollars in repair.
Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration is available 24/7 at (815)733-9123 for emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services in Cary, IL and the surrounding communities.