A fire can be very devastating to a home, causing significant damage and even creating hazardous conditions after the flames have been extinguished. It is important to contact RestorationMaster immediately after a fire for smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration services. We have the experience to provide smoke and fire damage cleanup services to homes and businesses in the Mandan and Bismarck, ND area to help limit losses.
Our highly trained staff has an expert knowledge of chemical combinations that can best remove soot and smoke residue for effective smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration services. With this expertise, we can safely remove soot from at risk surfaces such as brass, chrome, aluminum, marble, porcelain, and tile as well as carpets and upholstery.
What to do after smoke and fire damage
- Call for smoke and fire damage cleanup immediately as corrosive byproducts can cause irreversible damage in just 72 hours.
- Air out your house to reduce smoke odor if the temperature is over 60 degrees.
- Prevent permanent tarnishing by cleaning Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum fixtures.
- Change the air filter on the furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register to filter soot from the air.
- Dispose of food containers that are open.
- Thoroughly clean out the refrigerator if the power is off.
- Submit smoke damaged clothing to our restoration dry cleaner.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch walls, woodwork, or upholstery because your hand oils can cause additional damage.
- Do not wash soot residue from the walls, improper methods will only make it worse.
- Do not clean your carpets or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have not been checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
Our technicians use the most advanced cleaning products and equipment of the industry to provide high quality fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup services. Our five-step fire damage cleanup process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Smoke Damage and Odor Removal
Not all damage that results from a fire is caused by the fire itself. In fact, corrosive byproducts such as smoke, soot, and oily residue can cause more widespread damage in the aftermath of a fire. These corrosive byproducts are formed when the heat from a fire reacts with synthetic materials and the smoke, soot, and residue created are still present after the fire is out. Soot and residue can cause tarnishing and etching to the affected materials and if this damage is not quickly cleaned, it will become permanent. Our technicians use advanced cleaning products to remove soot damage from a range of household objects and building materials.
The other problem that is common after a fire is pervasive smoke odors. Smoke will continue to hang around after a fire is out and the odor particles get absorbed in building materials, furnishings, and other porous objects. Because of this, smoke odors are very difficult to eliminate without extracting the odor particles. At RestorationMaster, we use advanced deodorization methods and techniques to remove smoke odors from the affected materials and air spaces, leaving your property odor free.
If a fire should strike your home or business in the Mandan and Bismarck, ND area, immediately contact RestorationMaster for smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration services. Immediate action is the key to effective fire damage restoration services because burnt synthetic material creates complex chemical reactions even after the fire is put out which could lead to permanent damage. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 888-915-8868 for smoke and fire damage cleanup services.