Floods can occur within a home in an instant, sometimes without the homeowner’s knowledge until much later, and they can cause significant water damage and destruction to property and furnishings. RestorationMaster provides flood damage repair and restoration services to flooded homes and businesses in the Mandan and Bismarck, ND area. We make sure to stay on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond quickly to water damage restoration needs because water damage creates an emergency situation. It is crucial to call for flood repair services immediately to stop the spread of the damage and ultimately save on insurance claims.
Our technicians are highly trained and use the best available products, procedures, and equipment of the industryto effectively restore flood damage and keep your property protected in the process.
What to do after water damage
If your home has sustained water damage from a flood, the first action you should take isto call RestorationMaster for our water damage repair services to help limit losses. Once you make that call, you can take the following actions to help begin the flood repair process:
- Mop and blot dry to soak up as much water as you can.
- Remove area rugs and floor coverings that have been soaked.
- Loop drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and hang it in the drapery rod.
- Wipe water from wet furniture, prop up the cushions to dry evenly, put aluminum foil under the legs.
- Put photos and paintings somewhere safe and dry.
- Keep wet books packed tightly together on the shelf to prevent the pages from warping.
- Keep drawers as well as closet and cabinet doors open to help the drying process.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not walk into a room with standing water until the power has been shut off.
- Do not remove water with a household vacuum cleaner.
- Do not try to remove permanent carpeting without the aid of a professional.
- Do not use electrical appliances or devices on a wet floor.
- Do not disturb mold growth.
Our flood cleanup process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
All cases of flooding within a home or commercial building could also involve sewage. Natural flood waters commonly mix with sewage before entering a property and sewage backups can happen at any time and cause raw sewage to come into the home or building. You must be cautious when dealing with sewage contaminated water because the viruses and bacteria in the sewage can cause very serious health effects. If you suspect that the water on your property is contaminated with sewage, keep your distance to protect your health and call our professionals immediately.
RestorationMaster provides complete sewage cleanup services to ensure that all contaminated water and sewage is safely and effectively removed from your property. We can extract sewage water using our advanced equipment and we can restore or remove building materials and furnishings that have been damaged. After removing the sewage water, we will thoroughly clean and sanitize the affected areas to prevent negative health effects.
When flooding strikes your home or business in the Mandan and Bismarck, ND area, act quickly and contact RestorationMaster at 888-915-8868 for our flood damage repair services. Our staff is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond promptly to flood repair and water damage restoration emergencies in Bismarck, ND.