Flooding and excessive moisture within a home can cause damage to your property and furnishings if it is not cleaned up quickly. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides flood and water damage clean up services to homes and businesses that have sustained damage from flooding or excessive moisture in Willmar, MN. Flood damage cleanup is an emergency service so we are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond quickly to water damage restoration needs. It is crucial to call us immediately after discovering the damage because waiting will result in higher insurance claims.
The staff of ServiceMaster Professional Services is dedicated to bringing you the highest quality flood and water damage cleanup services which is why we use only the best products, procedures, and equipment of the industry.
What to do after water damage
When water damage occurs, the first thing you should do is contact ServiceMaster Professional Services to limit the damage and begin the restoration process.After placing the call, perform these actions to help get the process started:
- Mop or blot dry to remove excess water.
- Remove area rugs and floor coverings that have been soaked.
- Keep draperies off the floor by propping them to the drapery rod with a coat hanger.
- Wipe water from furniture, put aluminum foil under furniture legs, and prop up the cushions to dry.
- Move photos and paintings to a safe, dry location.
- Keep all doors and drawers open to help the drying process.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not enter a room that has standing water unless the power has been turned off.
- Do not try to remove standing water with a vacuum cleaner.
- Do not try to remove permanent carpeting yourself.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not disturb mold or mildew growth.
- Keep damaged books on the shelf and pack them together tightly to keep the pages from warping.
Our water damage restoration process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
If your home or business is in need of flood damage cleanup or water damage restoration services in Willmar, MN, contact ServiceMaster Professional Services at 320-227-3000. We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so do not hesitate to call as soon as you discover water damage.