One of the main disadvantages of mold is that it can grow year-round in any part of the home; a natural disaster is not always needed for it to grow. Unknown damage from broken pipes and leaks can result in hidden growth, possibly for years as it spreads throughout the property. Once it spreads, it can trigger a number of health issues like allergies and respiratory issues, making it important to reach out to a professional right away.
RestorationMaster is available in Racine, WI and the neighboring areas to provide mold removal services for homes and buildings. Our technicians are trained and experienced to remove mold at its source and prevent it from returning in the future.
About Mold Growth
Excess moisture and untreated water damage are the most common causes for mold to develop as it disperses its spores into the air in search of new breeding grounds. If not removed in a timely manner, it can quickly consume neighboring building materials and cause extensive damage to your property structure.
In addition to property damage, negative health effects like respiratory infections and allergies can occur. At RestorationMaster, we use professional products and equipment to prevent it from spreading and remove it at the source, so it won’t return in the future. We also use personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect our own health and safety.
Mold Damage Cleanup – What to Do:
- Contact RestorationMaster as soon as you find mold growth on your property.
- Close all windows and doors if it’s raining or humid outside.
- Dry off all walls that contain condensation but are not yet affected by mold.
- Always wear protective equipment, including eye wear, gloves, and a breathing mask when present around mold.
- Try to find any other areas that have been affected by mold, including the HVAC system.
Mold Damage Cleanup – What NOT to Do:
- Do not touch any visible mold as many types are toxic to humans.
- Do not cover, paint, or caulk over any moldy surfaces.
- Do not place a fan directly in front of mold.
- Do not try to clean the mold surface yourself. Improper cleaning techniques can trigger additional health issues and aggravate the mold.
Our mold removal services include each of the following:
- Assessment of the mold contamination
- Detailed evaluation of the damage
- Sending a copy of the damage report to your insurance agent
- Setting up containment chambers to prevent the mold from spreading further
- Complete mold removal
- Restoration of damaged building structures
Don’t hesitate to contact RestorationMaster as soon as you find mold growth in your home or building. Any hesitation taken to do so can result in additional health issues and structural damage.
RestorationMaster is available at (262) 373-6676 in Racine, WI and the surrounding areas to provide mold removal services for residential and commercial properties. We also provide free estimates.