While it can certainly be annoying to discover mold in your bathroom, attic, basement, or other areas containing moisture, it can also be a safety hazard for those with allergies. In addition, it can also severely deteriorate your building materials, especially if it has been left over a long period of time. However, it should not be cleaned with any household products as using the improper cleaning techniques can cause it to disperse its spores in addition to causing negative health effects. However, RestorationMaster is available to provide professional mold remediation services that will not only treat the affected area, but prevent it from spreading.
As RestorationMaster provides mold remediation services to both commercial and residential properties in Kenosha, WI, our technicians are able to handle mold growth cases of all sizes. We can also work with insurance to allow the claims process to run smoother for you. We use advanced equipment and products to effectively remove mold at its source, whether it is in a crawlspace or behind a wall. Our PPE (personal protective equipment) allows our technicians to remain safe in addition to properly restoring your damaged materials. Finally, you can effectively have your building materials and contents cleaned from any mold and mildew while not having to worry about severe allergy symptoms.
Mold Damage Repair – What to Do
- Call RestorationMaster immediately upon discovering mold as our technicians are available to arrive quickly and remove all growth on the property.
- Allow for proper air ventilation throughout the home to remove any moisture that has accumulated within the affected areas.
- Wipe off any materials containing condensation, as long as they do not also contain mold growth.
- Close any exterior windows or doors if outside conditions are wet or rainy.
- Do not use any household items or techniques to restore your property as they may cause the mold to retreat further within the affected surface.
- Do not disturb any visible mold.
- Do not try to paint or caulk over mold.
- Do not place a fan directly over the mold.
Our mold remediation process consists of the following steps:
- Development of the mold remediation plan
- Securing the mold to the affected area
- Complete mold removal using the latest cleaning products and equipment
- Documentation of the report and working with insurance
As mold can not only be unpleasant to find, it can also cause adverse health effects to you and your loved ones. It also has the ability to spread further, dispersing its spores into the air to affect other surfaces. As it must be cleaned quickly, RestorationMaster is available 24/7 at (261)395-7793 to provide mold remediation services in Kenosha, WI and surrounding communities.