Water Damage Related Info
While water damage can start from a small leak in a pipe, it can easily grow into a large pool if it is not fixed right away. While there are a number of different sources for water damage, they can include burst pipes, broken sprinkler heads, malfunctioning water heaters, flood, rainstorms, and more. No matter how far the damage has spread, it must be restored right away in order to avoid permanent damage as well as mold growth. Porous materials, such as wood, drywall, and paint are especially at risk as they will absorb the most water and moisture in the least amount of time. However, RestorationMaster is available to provide emergency water damage restoration services in the Kenosha, WI area. Our technicians have years of experience in using advanced products and equipment to effectively extract, dry out, and restore the damaged materials. We also work with insurance to allow the claims process to run smoother for you.
While a small leak may not seem so hard to handle, it can turn into a large mess if it is not taken care of right away. As the water can be absorbed by numerous materials, including the floors, walls, ceiling, and carpeting, they can sustain permanent damage if they are not dried immediately. This will also create the perfect conditions for harboring mold, which can then affect those with allergies and respiratory problems. This is why RestorationMaster must be called right away to not only restore the damage, but prevent it from spreading.
Our technicians respond to water damage of all types right away. As all of our technicians are IICRC-certified and trained to effectively extract the water from the materials, they are also knowledgeable of using the latest techniques and equipment. As we use powerful high-velocity air movers as well as dehumidifiers to dry out the water, we will contain the damage to the affected area. You can also visit our page explaining the drying process for more information.
Water Damage Repair – What to Do
- Blot dry as much of the water as possible, using either a mop or towel
- Remove any carpeting that is not tacked down from the wet floor.
- Place any belongings that are wet in a high, dry location.
- Place a piece of foil between furniture legs and the floor to prevent the spread of water damage.
- Air out the home by opening any cabinets, doors, and windows, as long as outside conditions are dry.
- Prop up any sofa cushions and pillows on the furniture.
Water Cleanup – What NOT to Do
- Do not leave any colored fabrics on the floor.
- Do not leave any printed materials on the wet floor.
- Do not enter any room with severe structural or electrical damage while the electricity remains on.
- Do not use any electrical appliance without clearance from a licensed electrician.
Our flood cleaning services include all of the following procedures:
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidifying
- Drying: monitoring
- Evaluation of the water damage
- Water extraction
- Anti-microbial application
If you have incurred water damage in your commercial or residential property, do not hesitate to call for help. Our technicians understand that the damage can start small and spread quickly, which is why we are available 24/7. RestorationMaster provides emergency water damage restoration services at (262) 395-7793 in the Kenosha, WI area.