Water Damage Related Info
You must always react immediately if you find water damage in your home or business. Excess water and moisture can quickly penetrate building materials such as wood and drywall and the longer you hesitate, the longer the water has to settle in. RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration services in Milwaukee, WI to remove excess water from homes and buildings. Our state-of-the-art equipment allows us to thoroughly extract all water and moisture to prevent extensive structural damage and reduce the risk of mold growth.
Emergency Flood Damage Cleanup
A small amount of water damage is easy to ignore but it can spread through wood, drywall, insulation, flooring and other absorbent building materials. This not only weakens the materials which can lead to intense structural damage, but also creates the conditions for mold to start growing and cause even further damage. Stopping the water from spreading is the first priority once you discover water damage which makes it important to call RestorationMaster right away.
We respond quickly to water damage calls in the Milwaukee area to help limit the spread of the damage. Each of our technicians is IICRC-certified and classroom trained to provide effective flood restoration services with the latest methods and equipment. We can remove standing water and our powerful drying equipment and dehumidifiers will completely dry affected furnishings and other materials to prevent further damage or mold growth.
Water Extraction – What to Do
- Call RestorationMaster for emergency water damage cleanup to limit the extent of the damage.
- Mop up or blot dry any standing water, if possible.
- Remove any excess water on the furniture, including tables, couches, lamps, etc.
- Prop up any wet cushions, pillows, and upholstery for effective drying.
- Allow for proper air circulation by opening any windows and doors as long as outside conditions are dry.
- Place a piece of foil between furniture legs to prevent any water from traveling upward.
- Pick up any colored rugs from the floor.
- Move any high-value items, including antiques, heirlooms, and art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Remove any items that are not tacked to the floors.
Water Damage Repair – What NOT to Do
- Do not leave any wet, colored fabrics on the floor, especially if it is covered by carpet.
- Do not leave any printed materials, including books, magazines, or newspaper on the floor.
- Do not try to extract the water with a vacuum.
- Do not turn on any electrical appliance until receiving clearance from a technician.
- Do not turn on any ceiling fans or fixtures if the ceiling is wet or sagging.
- Do not enter any room with severe structural or electrical damage.
Our flood restoration services include these basic steps:
- Complete evaluation of the damage
- Total water extraction
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidifying
- Drying: monitoring
If there is any amount of water damage in your home or building in the Milwaukee, WI 53172 area, make sure you contact RestorationMaster immediately. We understand how fast water damage can spread and arrive quickly to help mitigate and restore the damage. You can reach us 24 hours a day for water damage restoration emergencies at (262) 373-6676.