Fire Damage Related Info
Fires are different than other disasters because they cause so much damage so quickly and they put you and your family at great risk for physical harm. It is crucial to make sure everyone has safely evacuated and that the fire is put out, and you cannot hesitate to begin the restoration process after the fire is out. Lingering soot and corrosive byproducts can continue to spread damage to various materials that will become permanently affected without quick restoration. RestorationMaster provides fire damage restoration services to help restore and cleanup the damage caused by fires in Milwaukee, WI 53172 area. We can effectively minimize and restore the damage with our state-of-the-art cleaning products and equipment.
Emergency Smoke Damage Cleanup
At RestorationMaster, we consider fire damage restoration an emergency service because the damage will continue to get worse. Our technicians are IICRC-certified and have received classroom and on-the-job training to handle fire damage restoration in any setting regardless of the extent of the damage. We are experts in providing corrosion control, neutralization, and cleaning to restore surfaces and objects affected by the fire, smoke, or corrosive byproducts.
The reason you must call for fire damage restoration as soon as possible is because the soot from the smoke and corrosive byproducts continue to cause damage. When synthetic materials are burned, the chemical reactions that take place result in corrosive byproducts that along with soot, can tarnish and etch a wide range of household surfaces and objects. We have the right chemical cleaners to remove tarnishing and etching before it causes the affected surfaces to become permanently damaged.
Fire Damage Repair – What to Do
- Call RestorationMaster for immediate fire damage cleanup and to prevent the damage from spreading.
- Keep foot traffic to a minimum as stirring up the soot can cause it to settle further within the affected materials.
- Place double layers of cheese cloth over the supply and return air registers.
- Cover any upholstery and furniture with bedsheets to prevent lingering soot from settling in.
- Use a light coating of petroleum jelly or light oil to remove the soot from any chrome faucets in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Dispose of any food containers that were exposed during the fire.
- Wipe off any blinds, tables, curtains, and plant leaves containing soot.
- Replace the filters in the air duct system.
Smoke Damage Cleaning – What NOT to Do
- Do not use any DIY cleaning methods. Improper procedures can actually worsen the damage.
- Do not use any electrical appliances until thoroughly inspected by the technicians.
- Do not eat any food that was present during the fire.
You can expect these basic steps from our fire restoration services:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
When a fire occurs, making sure everyone is out safely and that the fire is extinguished is of utmost importance. After the fire is out, you should immediately turn your attention to the fire damage restoration. Our technicians have the training and equipment to effectively restore the damage caused by fires. RestorationMaster is available 24 hours a day at (414) 433-8008 for emergency fire and damage restoration in the Milwaukee, WI 53172 area.