Serving the Milwaukee, WI area since 1976
Mold growth can appear in your building at virtually any time, especially if there has recently been water damage. The air naturally has a certain concentration of mold spores and when they find an environment that provides them with a moisture source and food source, they can quickly form mold colonies. Mold not only damages the affected surfaces, but also contributes to health issues such as allergic reactions and even infection. RestorationMaster provides mold remediation services in Milwaukee, WI to completely remove mold from commercial and residential property. We will uncover the full extent of the mold growth with testing and create an effective mold restoration plan.
Health Risks Caused by Mold
Mold does not need much to grow, just a moisture source and an organic food source. Cellulose is an organic material contained in wood, drywall, and other building materials and it is commonly used as a food source by mold. Mold causes discoloration of the affected surfaces as well as extensive structural damage as it slowly eats away at the surface. Mold colonies also disperse spores which causes mold growth to spread to other areas of the building and increases the risk negative health effects. Exposure to the spores can cause a range of allergic reactions including skin irritation, runny nose, and itchy eyes as well as respiratory infections. Call RestorationMaster to remove all cases of mold growth in your home or building and ensure the safety of you and your family.
Mold Damage Repair – What to Do
- Call RestorationMaster right away in order to prevent mold growth.
- Turn on the fan or dehumidifier, allowing proper air ventilation throughout the property.
- Always wear glasses, a mask, and gloves when present around the mold.
- Wipe down any walls containing condensation to prevent future mold growth.
- Close any windows or doors if outside conditions are wet, moist, or humid.
Mold Restoration – What to Avoid
- Do not try to use any cleaning methods to remove the mold yourself. Doing so will only cause it to retreat further within the affected surfaces in addition to releasing its spores.
- Avoid all direct contact with mold.
- Do not disturb any visible mold.
- Do not try to paint or caulk over any visible mold.
- Do not place a fan directly in front of mold.
Why call a professional for Mold Removal
Because mold will continue to spread and cause damage until it is removed, it is very important to call RestorationMaster for mold remediation. We are an Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) Certified Mold Remediator (CMR) that provides mold testing and remediation to identify and remove mold growth. Our technicians have the training and experience to accurately test and create a mold remediation plan based on our assessment of the contamination.
Our mold damage restoration services include the following basic steps:
- Mold testing and assessment of the damage
- Our findings are reported to your insurance provider
- Containment of the mold growth to the already affected areas
- Creation of a cost-effective mold remediation plan based on our findings
- Total mold removal using the best cleaning products and equipment available
Mold can be a devastating presence in your home if given enough time so make sure you take action as soon as the mold is discovered. Our technicians have the training and equipment to completely remove mold growth and restore the damage it has caused. You can call RestorationMaster 24 hours a day at (414) 433-8008 for mold removal services in Milwaukee, WI 53172 area.