The mental disorder of hoarding is a serious problem that affects a lot of Americans. People affected by hoarding are often embarrassed by the disorder and feel isolated because of it. As such, they’re usually reluctant to seek help. But it’s important that they do get help because hoarding presents numerous dangers as the clutter of items grows within the home. Often, it won’t be until a trusted loved one steps in to help that the affected individual realizes the legitimate danger hoarding puts them in.
With our hoarding cleanup services, RestorationMaster can clean and restore homes in Columbia, MD, that are affected by hoarding. We employ technicians who are well experienced and always work in a compassionate manner, so you can have peace-of-mind knowing they are working with the affected individual. Additionally, we have the affected individual take lead on what items to remove from the home.
Risks Associated with Hoarding
A cluttered home is simply a symptom of hoarding disorder. Hoarding happens as a result of the individual’s severe anxiety. Their anxiety manifests as the inability to get rid of items that end up in their homes. As the contents pile up, the danger increases. Animals leave behind biohazard materials, items pose as fire or tripping hazards, and entryways become blocked.
If your loved one is affected by hoarding, then reach out to them and let them know how dangerous their situation is. Talk about the dangers of hoarding to help convince them that they need professional cleaning. Once they have agreed that professional help is needed, seek help from the hoarding cleaning services at RestorationMaster .
Professional Deep Cleaning
We will inspect the home and give you a free estimate after you call for hoarding cleanup help. Once approved, we proceed by developing a relationship with the affected individual and establish a sense of trust and respect. This is important because they need to feel comfortable with us in order to have a successful hoarding cleaning job done.
We place the affected person in charge of the cleaning process so that only approved belongings are removed. Once the approved items are removed, we clean the home of stains, mold, dirt, and biohazards. We’ll also remove any lingering odors and disinfect the property.
The following procedures are included in our hoarding cleaning services:
- Working with respect and compassion: Our well-trained technicians have years of experience in hoarding cleaning. As such, we know affected individuals are to be treated with compassion and respect. The individual is also placed in charge of the cleaning, so any removed items are ones that were approved.
- Getting rid of unnecessary items: Using value as the standard, we will sort the removal-approved items. Our technicians will offer their input on what should be removed, and then we’ll place the unwanted belongings in the trash.
- Decontaminating the property: Sanitizing the home, our technicians will make the home clean and safe to live in again. We’ll get rid of any mold, bacteria, and biohazards that are present.
- Removing lingering odors: We ensure clean breathing air by eliminating lingering odors from biohazards, cigarette smoke, and mold.
- Working with insurance: To make the claim process seamless, our technicians will work with the affected individual’s insurance company.
- Reviewing the home: With scheduled checkup appointments, our technicians can make sure the home remains tidy. We can also provide additional scheduled cleanings if needed.
Respectful Approach to Hoarding Cleaning
Removing items and disinfecting the home are both important parts of hoarding cleaning. But it’s also essential that the affected individual is comfortable and involved with the cleaning process so that it’s a successful one.
Contact Us for a Free Estimate
Call RestorationMaster at (301) 381-2304 to get a free estimate for the professional cleanup services we provide in Columbia, MD.