Mold thrives in humid and dark places. When your home or building is impacted by any level of water damage, the excessive moisture in the indoor areas provides the ideal environment for mold growth. Mold grows on damp wooden or drywall surfaces because it feeds on the cellulose present in these materials. If the mold growth is left unchecked, it eventually starts breaking down these building materials by impacting their structural integrity and causing discoloration.
The other point of concern is that mold spreads quickly and if you hesitate in addressing the problem, you may find mold growing in different areas of your home or commercial building. In addition to this, the mold spores floating around in the air can affect your health by causing respiratory problems and allergies.
Our Mold Remediation Services in Plainfield, IL
We at ServiceMaster of Kendall County recognize that just removing the mold growth isn’t enough; it’s why we also use various measures to ensure the problem doesn’t recur. Our expert technicians use the latest tools and techniques and ensure that your property is free of all mold growth. We follow a very methodical mold remediation process that includes the following steps:
- The entire property will be carefully inspected and evaluated to determine where the mold is growing.
- Our technicians will compile a detailed assessment report that can be submitted to your insurance provider.
- The affected spaces will be isolated which restricts the spread of the mold to the rest of the rooms on your property.
- A detailed plan will be created to remove all the mold.
- Effective and proven cleaning solutions will be utilized to completely remove the mold from your home or building.
It’s important to keep in mind that when you postpone hiring professionals to attend to the mold growth problem on your property, the mold will spread and you may have to replace various damaged features. Make sure you call ServiceMaster of Kendall County at (630) 352-0753 for expert and prompt mold remediation services in Plainfield, IL.