Fortunately, the mental disorder of hoarding in the United States has gained exposure through frequent talks and family members reaching out to help those affected. But the disorder continues to be a challenge for millions of citizens.
Many individuals who are affected by hoarding are often embarrassed by their situation and that makes it difficult to reach out for help. This is why they need a trusted loved one to reach out to them regarding their current living situation, helping them realize that it can jeopardize their safety, including tripping hazards, fire hazards, mold hazards, and biohazards.
After getting their approval for a cleaning service, contact ServiceMaster TEAM. Our technicians provide hoarding cleanup services for all individuals affected by hoarding in Newtown and Yardley, PA. Each of our technicians is IICRC-certified and experienced to help your loved one. We ensure to work with patience and respect, putting the affected individual in charge of the cleaning process and not throwing anything away without their approval.
Issues with Hoarding
When a person is affected by hoarding disorder, there is more involved than just a messy home; they are consumed by an anxiety towards throwing away any personal belongings. This can include toys, games, books, movies, and even trash and animals.
Over time, these items will accumulate within the home and pose a number of dangers for everyone living in the property. Items blocking emergency exits, others blocking walkways, and animals leaving biohazard materials are all cause for concern that must be addressed as soon as possible.
If you have a loved one affected by hoarding, don’t hesitate to reach out to them about their situation. Hiring a cleaning service can be difficult, but they must understand that it is for their own safety. As soon as they have agreed, reach out to ServiceMaster TEAM.
Our hoarding cleanup services include each of the following:
- Having complete respect and compassion: Our technicians understand that this service can feel like an embarrassment, but there is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. We ensure to put the affected individual in charge of the cleaning process and will not throw out anything without their approval.
- Disposal of unnecessary items: All unwanted items, including trash, broken items, and unnecessary belongings will be separated according to value. A large trash container will be used to take away all unwanted items.
- Decontamination: After removing each of the unwanted items, the property will be properly cleaned. Any water damage will be restored, mold and biohazards are removed, and the building materials are sanitized to restore healthy living conditions.
- Odor Removal: Any odors left behind from the biohazards, mold, or other remnants will be completely removed using powerful technology.
- Working with insurance: ServiceMaster TEAM will work with the individual’s insurance agent during the claims process, if necessary.
- Final Review: We will check in with the individual to ensure that the home stays clean. Additional cleaning appointments can be made, if necessary.
Compassionate Approach to Hoarding
While many may look at the house as just being messy, the process involves more than just cleaning. A loved one must work with the individual to help them understand that their situation puts them at a safety risk. They must be treated with patience and respect to ensure a successful cleanup.
ServiceMaster TEAM provides professional hoarding cleaning services in Newtown and Yardley, PA and the surrounding areas. Give us a call at (215) 399-4866 for a free estimate.
Related Hoarding Cleaning Services
Hoarding Cleaning Levittown, PA
Hoarding Cleaning in Willowgrove and Southampton, PA
Hoarding Cleaning in Buckingham and Doylestown, PA
Hoarding Cleaning in Northeast Philadelphia, PA
Hoarding Cleanup in Warminster, PA
Hoarding Cleaning in New Hope and Solebury, PA