Many Americans deal with hoarding disorder which is a serious issue. Individuals affected by hoarding are often embarrassed by the problem and feel individualized because of it. This usually makes them hesitant to get help. However, it’s important to get help for those affected by hoarding because the clutter from hoarding can present dangers such as tripping hazards and fire risks in the home. For them to realize the dangers of their situation, affected individuals often need a trusted love one to help them come to terms with it.
Serving Frederick, MD, RestorationMaster provides hoarding cleanup services to help clean and restore homes that have been affected by hoarding. Our technicians have many years of experience and always take a compassionate approach with hoarding cases, so you can trust them to fully clean and restore homes. We also place the individual affected by hoarding in charge so they can decide which items to keep and remove.
Risks Associated with Hoarding
A cluttered home is simply the manifestation of hoarding disorder. The individual who is struggling with hoarding often has serious anxiety that is expressed as an inability to part with items: books, magazines, antiques, collectibles, trash, and even animals among other things. As these contents accumulate, the home will become more unsafe because exits and pathways are blocked, and the clutter creates tripping and fire hazards. Biohazard materials from any animals present also make the environment unsafe and unhealthy.
If your loved one is affected by hoarding, then it’s important that you talk to them about how dangerous their situation is. Talk to them about getting professional help by emphasizing the hazards that hoarding presents. When they have agreed to seek help, call RestorationMaster for the hoarding cleanup services we provide in Frederick, MD.
Professional Deep Cleaning
Following your call for help, we will do an initial inspection of the home and provide you with a free estimate. After approval, we work to develop a relationship with the affected person built on trust and respect.
The affected individual takes the lead of the cleaning process. This ensures that only approved items are removed from the home. Then, our technicians will clean and rid of any dirt, stains, mold, and biohazards in the home. We also disinfect the property to ensure the home is safe to live in again and we can remove lingering odors.
The following procedures are included within the hoarding cleanup services we provide:
- Working in a compassionate and respectful manner: Our technicians are trained in and experienced with hoarding cleanup, so they know to treat affected individuals with respect and compassion. The person is also in charge of the cleaning process so that approved items are the only ones removed.
- Removing unnecessary contents: Items approved for removal are sorted by their value. We then suggest what should be removed. Anything unwanted will be put in a large trash bin.
- Decontaminating the home: To restore the home to a clean, healthy living environment, our technicians thoroughly sanitize the property. We’ll eliminate biohazards, mold, and bacteria.
- Removing odors: We will remove odor left behind by cigarette smoke, biohazards, and mold to give you clean breathing air.
- Working with insurance: Working with the individual’s insurance company, we will help with the claims process.
- Final review: Our technicians will make sure the home stays clean by scheduling checkup appointments. If need be, we can schedule additional cleanings.
Respectful Approach to Hoarding Cleaning
There is much more to hoarding cleaning than removing items and cleaning the property. It also includes working with the affected individual and making sure they’re comfortable with the cleaning process. This is essential because the cleaning won’t be successful otherwise.
Contact Us for a Free Estimate
Call (301) 381-2304 for a free estimate for the professional hoarding cleaning services that RestorationMaster provides in Frederick, MD.