When your home or business has suffered property damage, the physical damage is obvious, but there may be damage you are unable to see. When there are unpleasant odors present, they can linger for a long time, making it tough to stay indoors. From mold growth to fire and smoke to water damage, there are numerous sources these odors can stem from. No matter the source, when the odors linger, the particles become trapped when porous furnishings and building materials absorb them. This means the odor becomes embedded deeply into the material and cannot be eliminated simply by covering them up.
RestorationMaster provides odor removal and deodorization services for homes and businesses in Council Bluffs, IA. Using advanced odor removal methods, our technicians will remove odors from your property’s affected materials and air spaces.
Persistent Foul Odors
Odor particles will linger in the air space but can also be absorbed by porous materials like wood and drywall. This absorption causes the particles to be trapped in the material, which causes the smell to linger. This also means air fresheners cannot properly remove the smell. To thoroughly eliminate the odor, the particles need to be extracted from the affected air spaces and materials. Furthermore, the source must be addressed to ensure the odor does not return.
At RestorationMaster we employ technicians who are well trained and equipped to find, treat, and extract odors and their sources. We treat the following materials for foul smells:
- Air spaces
- Furniture upholstery
Sources of Odors in Council Bluffs, IA
When there are persistent odors in your property, they can be sourced by various things. The following are some sources that result in lingering foul odors:
- Flooding/Water Damage: Excess water and flooding can produce a musty smell, especially when the water involved is dirty or resulted in mold growth.
- Fire and Smoke: When objects are burned and smoke is produced, it also produces a smell that lingers even after the fire is out.
- Pets: There are natural smells that come from pets, and there are other odors pets may produce if they have any “accidents.”
- Cigarettes: From clothing to furniture to carpeting, cigarette smoke will cling to everything.
- Biological Materials: Foul odors often come from mold, blood, and other biological substances.
The professional technicians we employ at RestorationMaster will use advanced odor removal equipment and deodorization techniques to extract the odor particles in your property’s affected air spaces and materials. These methods include hydroxyl treatments, absorption technology, and ozone treatments. The following steps are included within our deodorization process:
- Finding the odor’s source and treating it
- Extracting odor particles from building materials and furnishings that were affected
- Air washing
- Performing a final inspection to ensure complete odor removal
Call Us Now
Contact us for our professional odor removal services at RestorationMaster if you have a lingering smell in your home or business in Council Bluffs, IA. Call (888) 915-7197 at any time of the day to get in touch with us.