The air in your home is circulated through the HVAC system every time it runs the heating and cooling and as the air ducts draw in air, they also draw in dirt, dust, and other airborne debris with it. It has been estimated by the EPA that around 40 pounds of dust circulate through your home in a year and much of this dust ends up accumulating within the air ducts and on the component parts of the HVAC system. The accumulated dust slows the efficiency of the HVAC system, resulting in higher heating and cooling bills, and it contributes to poor indoor air quality by getting redistributed into the breathing air. ServiceMaster DAK provides air duct cleaning services in Schaumburg, IL to remove dust and debris from the air ducts and component parts. These services will help improve the indoor air quality of your home and lower your heating and cooling bills.
It can be difficult to tell when to have your air ducts professionally cleaned. If you notice any of the following conditions in your home, you could benefit from air duct cleaning services:
- More dust throughout the home than normal
- Odors coming from the HVAC system as it runs
- Dust buildup on the vents
- Black marks around the vents
- Allergies and other health issues among those in your home
Your home may need professional air duct cleaning services more often if you have:
- Family members with allergies or asthma
- Family members that smoke
- HVAC system damage from fire, water, or smoke
- Just completed a renovation or remodeling project with excessive dust
Our professional air duct cleaning services include the following steps:
- We protect your carpet and furnishings during the process.
- Thorough cleaning and inspection of the HVAC system with open access.
- Cleaning with soft bristled brushes for flex ducts, fiberglass duct board, and sheet metal air ducts lined with fiberglass.
- We work through one opening at a time while closing off the others to hold in dust.
- We remove dust and debris with well-controlled brushing and contact vacuuming.
- We use vacuum cleaners that exhaust outside the home as well as High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) vacuums.
- All registers and vents are removed, cleaned, and reinstalled.
- We will reseal and reinsulate the access holes that we make to get access to the air ducts.
- Our technicians have the experience and equipment to get the job done properly.
If your heating or cooling is running less efficiently than normal or you notice an extra amount of dust in your home, it may be time for a professional air duct cleaning. Contact ServiceMaster DAK for air duct cleaning services in Schaumburg, IL. You can call us any time at (847) 983-7400 to schedule an air duct cleaning appointment.