Mold cleaning can be tricky. Spores are naturally present in the air, allowing the potential for mold growth to form in favorable conditions. Moisture and an organic food source are all that is required for mold to grow. Its presence can result in widespread property damage as well as heath issues from exposure; this includes allergies and respiratory problems.
ServiceMaster EMT provides mold removal services to remove mold growth from homes and businesses in Lake Havasu City, AZ and the surrounding areas. We prevent the mold contamination from extending into other areas of the building and ensure all mold growth is completely removed.
Cause of Mold Damage
Moisture is the main cause of mold growth in a home or building. This makes it more likely to occur after some form of water damage, and because it uses cellulose in wood or drywall as a food source, it devours these surfaces to cause irreversible damage. It is also possible for mold to grow in hidden areas which is very difficult to uncover without proper equipment. Mold growth must be removed as soon as possible; it releases spores that can not only cause mold to appear in other areas of the home, but trigger health issues that can especially affect children, the elderly, and pets.
Mold Removal Lake Havasu City, AZ
You should never attempt to clean mold yourself; it will require specialized training and equipment to do it properly. Treating mold with an all-purpose cleaner will only cause it to release spores, resulting in additional mold growth. Our technicians use advanced cleaning products and equipment to effectively remove mold growth, including hidden mold, from homes and buildings. Once the mold is removed, we repair or replace the surfaces that have been damaged. Additional measures are taken to reduce the moisture level, helping to prevent the mold from returning in the future.
Mold Removal – What to Do
- Call ServiceMaster EMT right away as soon as you discover mold damage in order to prevent it from spreading as soon as possible.
- Dry any items that may be wet as a result of water damage. They too are at risk for incurring mold growth.
- Fix any water leaks within the home that you can do yourself.
- Allow for proper air circulation throughout the home, opening windows and doors. Just be sure that the outside weather conditions will only aid in this process.
- Take proper precaution; use protective equipment including eye wear, gloves, and a mask.
- Run the A/C systems and/or dehumidifier to remove all remaining moisture in the air.
- Monitor the HVAC system in the building or home.
Mold Restoration – What to Avoid
- Do not try to remove the mold yourself. Doing so will only cause it to disperse it’s spores and spread the damage.
- Do not use any bleach or any other household chemicals on the mold.
- Do not paint on or try to caulk any moldy surfaces.
- Do not touch anything with mold on it. It is dangerous to your health and could cause severe illness when not handled properly.
Get a Free Estimate
Mold poses numerous dangers to your property as well as your health; this is why you must act quickly to remove it. If you find mold in your home or building in Lake Havasu City, AZ, contact ServiceMaster EMT for professional mold remediation services.
We are available 24 hours a day at (702) 786-1999 to provide mold removal services in Lake Havasu City, AZ as well as the surrounding communities.
Related Mold Removal Services:
Mold Remediation Laughlin, NV
Mold Damage Cleanup Las Vegas
Mold Restoration North Las Vegas, NV
Mold Damage Restoration Boulder City, NV
Mold Remediation Contractors Mesquite, NV
Mold Removal Services Bullhead City, AZ
Mold Remediation Company Kingman, AZ