Water damage can occur at any time and ServiceMaster Professional Services provides water damage restoration and cleanup services for Saint Paul, MN. We view water damage as an emergency situation which us why we can be reached at (888)583-5345 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to water damage restoration needs. It is important to contact us immediately for water mitigation because the claims from water damage can increase the longer no action is taken and end up costing you more money.
The technicians of ServiceMaster Professional services employ the most advanced products, methods, and equipment of the industry to ensure that our water damage cleanup services are of high quality and safe for your property and personal belongings.
What to do after water damage
Water damage can cause a lot of loss in a short period of time so the first thing you should do after suffering water damage is contact ServiceMaster Professional Services. As you wait for our technicians to arrive at the scene, you can perform these actions to help start the cleaning process:
- Spot mop and blot dry the area to remove as much excess water as possible.
- Wet area rugs or floor coverings should be removed.
- Lift your draperies from the floor and prop them up to the rod using a coat hanger.
- Wipe down wet furniture and prop the cushions up so they can dry evenly.
- Put photos, paintings, and other similar objects in a safe location.
- Open all doors and drawers to help the drying process.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not walk into a flooded room without turning off the electricity.
- Do not remove water with a normal vacuum.
- Do not try to remove permanent carpeting yourself.
- Do not use any electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not touch any mold growth.
- Do not remove damaged books from the shelf, pack them together tightly to avoid warping the pages until they can be treated with our specialized drying method.
Our water damage cleanup process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
If you are in need of water damage restoration services in St. Paul, MN, contact us at 888-583-5345. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to water damage emergencies.