ServiceMaster Serve and Restore
There are a number of different potential causes for water damage. This can include natural disasters, like flooding and storms, as well as manmade causes, like poorly installed drainage systems, burst pipes and sprinkler heads, and leaks. But regardless of the cause, it’s important to take immediate action to have the water extracted from your property structure and furnishings.
ServiceMaster Serve and Restore understands that all water damage issues are quick to spread and even threaten mold growth, which is why we treat them as an emergency. Our technicians provide complete water damage restoration services in Joliet, IL and the surrounding areas for both homes and buildings that have suffered a water disaster. We ensure to respond right away at all times of the day to prevent the damage from spreading while starting the restoration process.
Water Damage Restoration
As soon as we arrive, our technicians will use advanced water removal and dehumidification equipment to remove all excess water and start the drying process. We will also take additional measures to prevent any mold growth and ensure you won’t have this problem in the future.
Most property owners are not aware that water damage can cause permanent destruction to a number of building materials and furnishings. This is because modern homes and buildings contain porous materials that absorb water like a sponge and become soiled when not addressed right away. But with 24/7 availability and a prompt response, we ensure to restore as many of these materials as we can using advanced drying equipment and techniques. We can also remove the musty odors produced from the water seeping into furnishings and building materials.
Our water damage restoration services include each of the following:
- 24/7 availability and emergency response
- Water extraction to prevent the damage from spreading
- Installation of professional drying equipment, including air movers and dehumidifiers to remove excess moisture
- Antimicrobial application to prevent mold growth
- Reconstruction of soiled building materials
- Monitoring of moisture levels to ensure that all water and moisture is removed
- Working with your insurance agent during the claims process
Water Damage Repair – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster Serve and Restore right away for water damage restoration.
- Mop up or blot dry as much of the water you can.
- Remove any area rugs or carpeting that are not tacked to the floor.
- Keep draperies like bed and furniture skirts and curtains off the floor, hanging them up to dry.
- Wipe down wet furniture and place aluminum foil underneath furniture legs.
- Pack books into their shelves tightly to prevent warping until they can be restored.
- Open all doors, cabinets, and drawers to allow for better air circulation.
- Turn on the HVAC system to air out the home.
Water Extraction – What NOT to Do:
- Do not walk into a room with standing water until the power is turned off.
- Do not try to vacuum up standing water.
- Do not try to remove permanent flooring.
- Do not use any electrical appliances until they have been inspected by one of our professionals.
- Do not try to clean any mold yourself.
When it comes to restoring water damage, it’s important to react right away to prevent the damage from spreading. Our technicians are available 24/7 and will respond right away to your first call, extracting excess water and starting the drying process. We will also work with your insurance agent during the claims process to allow you to focus on other matters.
ServiceMaster Serve and Restore is available at (630) 352-0753 in Joliet, IL to provide water damage restoration services for homes and buildings.