ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors
Unfortunately for many home and business owners, water damage is a common disaster due to the amount of potential sources. Whether they are derived from flash floods, broken water heaters, dishwashers, or washing machines, the water will continue to spread until the source is removed. In this situation, immediate action must be taken to prevent additional or even permanent damage.
For all water damage emergencies in the Auburn, IN area, don’t hesitate to call ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors for professional water damage restoration services. Available to serve both residential and commercial properties, our technicians are trained, experienced, and fully equipped to handle homes and buildings of all sizes. From extracting water to drying out the structure, you can expect your home or building to be restored in a timely manner.
Damages Caused by Water and Moisture
Depending on the location and source of the damage, the water may cause additional and/or permanent damage to the affected materials. Especially porous materials, including wood, fabrics, and drywall, they will be the first to become ruined as their surfaces act like a sponge when absorbing the water.
To make matters worse, if the damage isn’t treated within 48 hours, mold growth will develop. The property is then deemed unsafe due to the number of spores and bacteria spreading from the affected area. Now with untreated water damage, mold growth, and musty smells, the situation will require both restoration and cleaning.
Effective Water Damage Cleanup
When calling ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors, our technicians will respond immediately, arriving with commercial cleaning products and equipment to restore the affected area to its original condition. We will also take measures to ensure that the damage does not spread by containing the area and removing the source.
Our technicians will proceed to extracting the excess water while setting up advanced drying equipment to remove the remaining moisture. All soiled porous building materials will then be removed and replacements will be installed. The remaining hard surfaces will be sanitized, fully restoring a clean environment within the property. Our technicians will then coordinate with your insurance company – if you chose to file a claim – to ensure a seamless process.
- Call ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors for emergency water damage restoration.
- Remove any carpeting or rugs that are NOT tacked down to the floor
- Prop up all furniture cushions and skirts to allow for enhanced drying.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil underneath wooden furniture legs to prevent them from absorbing water.
- Remove all contents from the affected area to a safe area for drying.
- Mop up or blot dry as much water as you can.
Water Damage Cleanup – What NOT to Do:
- Do not touch any sewage contaminated water.
- Do not touch any mold growth.
- Do not try to remove any rugs or carpeting that are not tacked down.
- Do not enter any room with severe electrical or structural damage.
- Do not use any water-damaged appliances until they have been cleared by a technician.
Dealing with water damage can be stressful for any property owner, regardless of which area of the property has been affected. But immediate action must be taken to address the situation as costs and time taken to make the necessary repairs will rise over time.
Don’t hesitate to call ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors at (260) 918-9662 for emergency water damage restoration services in the Auburn, IN area. We work with insurance companies.