ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors
While the idea of a property fire can sound traumatic, many home and business owners shy away from the thought. But in reality, fire damage is common as a result of various sources around the home or building. From burning candles to fireplaces to overloaded circuits, flames can start and spread in seconds, consuming both the structure and contents in a matter of minutes.
ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors is a leading provider of emergency fire damage restoration services in the Auburn, IN area. Our technicians treat all fire damage situations as emergencies, arriving within 2 hours of the first call with all cleaning products and equipment to repair and restore the affected area(s).
Damages Caused by the Flames
It doesn’t take much to start a fire. Simply forgetting to remove the lint from the dryer filter is enough to spark a flame. But if it was running and nobody is home at the time of the accident, it could mean the end of the home or building.
But to make matters worse is that even after the flames have been extinguished by the fire department, the damage continues to spread from the remaining smoke and soot. While it can take hours for the smoke to dissipate, it will cover all remaining materials and contents, leaving covered in an oily, thick residue. While it is possible to have it removed, quick action must be taken to avoid permanent damage.
Trusted Fire Damage Repair
When contacting the professionals of ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors, our technicians will arrive right away, conduct the initial inspection, stabilize the property (if needed), and start the restoration process.
While many surfaces will need to be cleaned in order to remove that oily soot residue, sometimes controlled demolition is necessary to restore the structure. This includes small construction to replace drywall, carpeting, wood floors, and other destroyed materials. But after all repairs and cleaning of the materials, we will address that powerful smoke odor left behind from the fire. Using ozone and hydroxyl technology, our equipment will penetrate through the particles and eliminate them from within. Finally, we will work with your insurance agency during the claims process to allow you to focus on other matters.
- Call ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors for emergency fire damage restoration.
- Only re-enter the property if it has been cleared by a firefighter.
- Change the HVAC filter.
- Cover all air supply and return registers with 2 layers of cheesecloth.
- Wipe off all plant leaves.
- Deliver any clothing with strong smoke odors to a specialized restoration dry cleaners.
- Dispose of all food that was exposed to the fire, smoke, and soot.
- Wipe off all Formica, chrome, and aluminum surfaces.
Fire Damage Cleanup – What NOT to Do:
- Do not re-enter the property with severe structural or electrical damage. Wait until it has been cleared by a firefighter.
- Do not try to clean any surfaces yourself, other than chrome, aluminum, and Formica.
- Do not touch any affected surfaces.
- Do not turn on the electricity until it has been cleared by a licensed electrician.
Nothing can describe the emotional and financial trauma associated with a fire-damaged property. With various potential sources, it is more common than what the average person may think. But regardless of how it started or which areas were affected, immediate action must be taken to address the damage.
ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors is available 24/7 at (260) 918-9662 in the Auburn, IN area for emergency fire damage restoration services.