Hoarding is a misunderstood condition that affects millions of Americans. Those affected by hoarding are often dealing with anxiety and depression which is why hoarding is considered a mental health issue. These underlying feelings of anxiety and depression make it difficult for those affected to throw anything away which is how the clutter builds up to a dangerous degree. It is important to clean out the home of a hoarder and restore safe conditions, but only if the affected individual is ready to do so.
At RestorationMaster, we provide hoarding cleaning services to help clean out and restore homes affected by hoarding in Wall, NJ. Our technicians understand the sensitivity of the situation and will work directly with the affected individual to remove unwanted items and restore the home to safe conditions.
Problems with Hoarding
As mentioned above, hoarding behaviors are the result of underlying anxiety and depression that prevents those affected from throwing anything away. As the clutter in the home builds, it creates dangerous and unsanitary living conditions that affect everyone who lives in the home.
If you know someone who hoards, it is important to reach out to them and help them understand the seriousness of their situation. You should only proceed to clean out the home when the affected individual agrees to the cleaning, and it is important to keep them actively involved with the process.
Hoarding can lead to the following hazards in a home:
- Mold and bacteria: Dangerous materials like mold and bacteria can form in homes with excessive clutter. The presence of these materials creates unsanitary conditions and puts the health of those in the home at risk.
- Tipping hazards: Piles of cluttered items are often unstable and can tip over and cause injuries.
- Blocked escape routes: If cluttered items block off pathways and exits, this will prevent people from being able to escape the home in case of an emergency.
- Fire hazards: Excessive clutter increases the risk of fire as much of these materials can quickly ignite and burn.
Professional Hoarding Cleaning
Our professionals at RestorationMaster take a sensitive approach to hoarding cleaning as we understand the nature of the situation. We work directly with the affected individual and make sure that they get the final decision on what to remove from their home.
Our hoarding cleaning services consist of the following steps:
- Establish trust with the individual: Our first step is to meet with the affected individual and build a sense of trust with them. We will not enter the home until the individual is ready.
- Create cleaning plan: We will create a cleaning plan that works with all involved and the affected individual will have the final say on what is removed. Our technicians will then clean and restore the home to sanitary conditions.
- Follow up: We will follow up with the individual to see if they are keeping their home clean or if they need additional help.
If you know someone affected by hoarding who is ready to clean out their home, call our professionals at RestorationMaster for our hoarding cleaning services.
We are available at (732) 338-0713 to provide hoarding cleaning in Wall, NJ.
Related Hoarder Cleaning Services
Hoarding Cleanup – Manalapan, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Long Branch, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Matawan, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Cranford, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Union, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Elizabeth, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Springfield Township, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Manchester, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Neptune, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Tinton Falls, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Marlboro, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Jackson Township, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Freehold, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Wall Township, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Lakewood, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Red Bank, NJ
Hoarding Cleanup – Holmdel, NJ