Water Damage Related Info
When water damage or major flood occurs, it won’t be long until it seeps deep within the building structure. This can happen as a result of rain, burst pipes, and even humidity. For porous materials, this will happen quickly, including drywall, wood, paint. When this occurs, action must be taken quickly to prevent the growth of mold and mildew. RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration and flood cleanup services in Staten Island, NY to extract all water from the home or building. We guarantee to arrive within 1 to 2 hours of your initial call to prevent the damage from spreading any further.
As water damage will spread quickly, porous materials will quickly sustain the majority of the damage, soaking in the water like a sponge. However, the technicians at RestorationMaster use advanced drying equipment and products to have all of your property effectively dried and cleaned efficiently. We can also provide content cleaning services if your personal belongings and furnishings have also been damaged.
Our water damage restoration services include the following steps:
- Emergency Restoration Visit: Our technicians will arrive quickly to prevent the damage from spreading. This is then followed by a thorough assessment of the damage to determine the appropriate technique.
- Water Mitigation and Drying: The drying equipment will be set up, including high-velocity air movers and dehumidifiers. The progress will be monitored frequently by one of our trained technicians.
- Cleaning and Reinstallation: All furnishings and building structure will be thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, and reinstalled.
If you discover a major leak or flood in your home or commercial building, it is important to call RestorationMaster right away.
Water Mitigation – What to Do
- Call RestorationMaster to prevent the damage from spreading.
- Wipe down any wet furniture that was damaged to prevent mold growth.
- Put any paintings and wall fixtures in a safe, dry location.
- Pack any books that have been damaged into a bookshelf to prevent the pages from warping.
- Open any doors, drawers, and cabinet doors to allow proper air flow throughout the property.
- Remove any non-permanent rugs or floor pieces from the floor to prevent additional damage.
- Place a piece of foil underneath all furniture legs to prevent the water from traveling up.
Flood Mitigation – What NOT to Do
- Do not use any electrical appliances that are wet.
- Do not try to clean any mold yourself.
- Do not try to use a vacuum to extract any water.
- Do not try to pick up any carpeting that is tacked down to the floor.
- Do not enter any room with severe structural damage.
If you have experienced severe water damage on your property, do not hesitate to call for emergency services right away. RestorationMaster provides emergency water damage restoration services in the Staten Island, NY area. We are available 24/7 at (888) 915-7197.