Fire Damage Related Info
It can be devastating to discovering that a fire has consumed your property, not to mention all of your personal belongings. Like water damage, there are numerous causes that can spark a fire, including: the dryer, cooking, smoking, and electrical appliances. But the damage does not stop once the fire is extinguished; the soot and corrosive byproducts left behind will cause etching and tarnishing to their affected surfaces, spreading the damage even further. RestorationMaster provides emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services for both residential and commercial buildings in Staten Island, NY. With quick responses, we will arrive 1-2 hours after your initial call to prevent the damage from spread while treating the most damaged and fragile items first.
The damage from a fire will spread quickly if action is not taken right away; therefore, the technicians of RestorationMaster will arrive quickly. They have been highly trained in the arts of restoration to complete repair the building materials and content. They also use advanced cleaning products and equipment to remove all tarnishing from the most delicate surfaces, including: marble, chrome, aluminum, brass, porcelain, upholstery, and carpeting.
Our fire and smoke damage restoration services include the following phases:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning and pack-outs
- Ceiling and wall cleaning and restoration
The soot and corrosive byproducts produced by a house fire will be quick to cause permanent damage if RestorationMaster is not called right away. However, there are steps you can take to start the restoration process before the technicians arrive.
Smoke Mitigation – What to Do
- Call RestorationMaster to immediately restore the damage and prevent it from spreading.
- Throw away all open food containers that were present during the fire.
- Transport any pets to a safe location.
- Wipe off any plant leaves containing soot.
- Tape two pieces of cheesecloth over all air vents.
- Place a bedsheet over all furniture and upholstery to prevent any soot from settling within the fabric.
Fire Restoration – What NOT to Do
- Do not enter any room with severe structural or electrical damage.
- Do not clean any building materials or furnishings yourself as improper cleaning techniques will cause secondary damage.
- Do not clean any carpeting.
- Do not use any ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is still wet from the fire hose.
Once the fire has been extinguished, the damage caused by the corrosive byproducts and smoke will continue to spread and even cause permanent damage if not treated right away. If your home or building in Staten Island, NY has been severely affected by fire, smoke, or soot, do not hesitate to call RestorationMaster at for emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services.