When mold appears within a home or business, it can cause extreme damage. Mold may be growing elsewhere on your property and is able to spread its spores by dispersing them into the air and affecting new areas. As soon as you encounter mold, you should have it cleaned and removed by a professional to contain and limit damage, and prevent adverse health effects. ServiceMaster by Mason is available to provide effective mold remediation services to both homes and buildings in the Hampton, CT area.
Property Damages Caused by Mold
When mold develops, it is usually the result of untreated water damage or high moisture content within an area. Although it can develop on most surfaces, it is commonly found in the following areas: attics, basements, crawlspaces, behind walls, underneath carpets, showers, and other areas where moisture can occur.
Because it can develop and grow anywhere, mold only requires moisture and an organic building material, called cellulose. When mold develops, it can start to “eat away” at the building structure, causing significant damage. This is why ServiceMaster by Mason must be called as soon as possible to clean and remove mold from all affected materials.
In addition to structural damage, mold can also be a danger to everyone in the home or building, especially to humans and pets that experience asthma, allergies, or respiratory concerns. They may suffer from coughing, sneezing, watery eyes, and other breathing and allergy problems.
While finding mold in your home or business can be frustrating, you should avoid using any home or over-the-counter remedies to remediate it yourself. Any improper cleaning techniques can cause mold to spread further, and also be ineffective in removing the mold and additional mold spores.
In order to have mold removed completely from your property, call ServiceMaster by Mason. Our technicians have been IICRC-certified to use advanced products and equipment to locate and remediate the mold, followed by restoring the affected area. We also use personal protection equipment (PPE) to remove it safely while preventing it from spreading.
Mold Restoration – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster by Mason to secure the affected area and professionally remove the mold.
- If there is a high concentration of moisture outside, close all windows and doors on the property.
- Turn on the dehumidifier or fan to lower the moisture level throughout the home or building.
- When present around mold, wear protective gear, including eye wear, gloves, and a breathing mask.
- Wipe down any walls containing condensation but do not have mold growth.
Mold Cleanup – What NOT to Do:
- Do not use any products to clean the mold yourself.
- Do not place a fan directly in front of the mold.
- Avoid all direct contact with the mold.
- Do not paint or caulk over any moldy surfaces.
You can expect the following from our mold restoration services:
- Mold inspection assessment
- Environmental engineering controls
- Restoration drying
- Complete mold removal using advanced products and equipment
- Pack-out, cleaning, and storage of affected items
Mold Evaluation and Testing
When finding a case of mold, it is very important to test the air for the level of contamination. If you are suspicious of mold on your property, it is still recommended to call a professional mold removal specialist to identify any affected areas. ServiceMaster by Mason offers a visual inspection of all content, floors, walls, and behind walls and ceilings. If an air reading is necessary, we will also recommend an additional provider.
We are available at (860) 406-7469 in the Hampton, CT area for effective mold remediation services.