Even though heavy rains and flooding may sometimes have the same devastating effect on your home or commercial building as fires and other violent natural disasters, water may not always ruin your property in a matter of minutes. It may be slowly leaking from a broken pipe or a malfunctioning appliance for quite a long time before you notice any signs of damage.
The moisture will be spreading through all the absorbent materials in your property, slowly but steadily, and by the time you become aware of the problem, it may have already caused extensive structural damage and mold growth. Unless you take adequate measures as soon as possible, the damage may become irreversible or very difficult to deal with.
Graystone Restoration provides efficient water damage restoration services to homes and businesses in Palm Harbor, FL, dealing with water problems. We will contain the water to prevent any further damage, will find and remove all the excess water from your property, and will finally dry and repair any water damaged structures and furnishings.
Have in mind that water damage can quickly become a major problem, even if it started out small. The excess moisture will get quickly absorbed into the porous building materials such as drywall, wood, and insulation, and will cause significant structural damage before you know it. The situation will get worse with time:
- Screws, nails and other metal fixtures begin rusting within minutes of water exposure;
- Wooden pieces start splitting, cracking, and warping within hours. Dye begins to leach from floor and wall coverings, lamination detaches from wood, particle board buckles, and carpets get stained in about the same time;
- Electronics corrode and mold growth appears within days.
Water Damage Restoration Process
At Graystone Restoration, we have the equipment and the professional know-how to prevent such problems and restore any type of water damage in commercial or residential settings. With the help of our advanced drying equipment, we can remove excessive moisture not only from surfaces and structural elements but also from most furnishings and common household materials. Our efficient water damage restoration process includes the following steps:
- Initial Assessment: We start with a complete evaluation of the damage in order to determine the scope of the problem and find the source of the excess moisture. Then, we create a comprehensive plan to clean up the water, repair the damage, and restore the good condition of your property. We provide our clients with copies of the assessment and the restoration strategy, so that they can review all the details and refer to the plans throughout the process;
- Specialized Equipment: We use advanced drying equipment (such as air movers and dehumidifiers) and specialized cleaning products to effectively deal with any type of water damage, including mold and mildew;
- Thorough Drying: We dry not only the structural elements, furnishings, wall cavities, and air spaces of your home or commercial building, but also personal items and objects;
- Deodorization: We can successfully remove lingering musty smells and other odors resulting from the stagnant water, moist materials or mold growth.
Our quick and efficient response allows us to mitigate the damage before it spreads and becomes permanent. Contact Graystone Restoration as soon as you discover water damage in your home or office in Palm Harbor, FL. We will remove the excess water, repair the source of the problem to prevent it from happening again, and restore the sustained damage.
You can reach us 24 hours a day at (727) 228-7282 for water damage restoration services in Palm Harbor, FL and the surrounding areas.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services
Water Damage Restoration in Tampa, FL
Water Damage Restoration in St. Petersburg, FL
Water Damage Repair in Largo, FL
Water Restoration in New Port Richey, FL
Water Mitigation Services in Wesley Chapel, FL
Water Damage Repair in Clearwater, FL
Water Restoration in Brandon, FL