Dryco Restoration Services
It is difficult for a home or building to completely avoid water damage as there are many ways your property can become affected by excess water or flooding. Your property is vulnerable to floods, rain, sump pump failures, burst pipes, plumbing issues, leaks, clogged drains, and overflows which can each result in excess water that can cause damage. Water and moisture get absorbed in porous building materials and furnishings, which results in stains, warping, rotting, and structural damage. The presence of excess water also makes the affected areas and materials vulnerable to mold growth.
It is very important for excess water to be removed before it leads to serious structural damage or mold growth. At Dryco Restoration Services, we provide water damage cleanup and restoration services for affected homes and businesses in Duluth, MN. We use advanced equipment to remove excess water and moisture, and thoroughly dry the affected materials. Our technicians will arrive within two hours of your call to stop the spread of the damage.
Damage Caused by Water
Damage caused by excess water and moisture can increase to a significant level because water spreads through porous building materials and furnishings. As wood, drywall, flooring, and furniture take on more water, the risk for serious structural damage and mold will increase. Even a small roof leak can be dangerous because the surrounding wood and drywall will absorb the water, which can eventually lead to structural damage. Mold is another major concern when water damage occurs as it will add to the property damage and introduce health risks.
Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration Process
Our technicians will begin immediately upon arrival by stopping the spread of the damage and finding the source of the water. We will then assess the level of damage using moisture detectors and hygrometers to determine how far and deep the water has spread. After the assessment, we will form a restoration plan to remove the excess water and moisture and ensure that the affected areas and materials are thoroughly dried. Once the water is completely removed, we will repair and restore the resulting damage.
You can expect the following steps with our water damage cleanup and restoration services:
- Water damage assessment: We will assess the extent of the water damage using moisture detectors, hygrometers, and infrared cameras, if necessary.
- Water extraction: Standing flood water is removed with our water extraction equipment.
- Damaged materials removal: We will remove materials that cannot be salvaged, such as insulation and drywall that have taken too much water.
- Disinfection: Disinfecting the area as we work will help prevent mold growth.
- Drying/dehumidification: We will set up dehumidifiers and air movers to dry the affected areas and materials.
- Content restoration: Your damaged personal items will be dried, cleaned, and restored.
- Moisture testing: Our moisture testing procedure will ensure that we have effectively located and removed all excess water and moisture.
- Reconstruction: We will rebuild and restore the damage caused by the water.
If your home or business in Duluth, MN is affected by water damage, make sure you call our professionals right away. We will help restore your peace of mind as we stop the spread of the damage and immediately implement a step-by-step restoration plan. You can reach Dryco Restoration Services 24 hours a day at (218) 461-4434 for emergency water damage cleanup and restoration services in Duluth, MN.