Water is a necessity in our homes, and it is also one of the leading causes of property damage. Excess water and moisture can be very damaging within a home or building because many building materials, such as wood, insulation, and drywall, are porous. These materials will absorb water and moisture, which can result in warping, discoloration, and eventually structural damage. Hesitating to deal with water damage will not only allow it to spread over a larger area, but also increase the risk of mold growth, which will cause additional damage and put your health at risk. You must act immediately at the first sign of water damage to prevent the situation from becoming serious.
At RestorationMaster, we provide complete water damage restoration and water damage cleanup services to help homes and businesses in Superior, WI recover from flooding and water damage. We use advanced water extraction and drying equipment to remove water from the affected materials. We can also restore the damage while preventing mold growth.
Effects of Water Damage in Superior, WI
Water can be more dangerous than it seems because of its ability to get absorbed by common building materials. Porous building materials will experience discoloration and warping when they take on water. They may even weaken to an extent that threatens their structural integrity. The affected materials will also be at a much higher risk for mold growth, which will increase the damage. Reacting quickly to water damage will help you limit its spread and prevent worst case scenarios, including structural damage and mold.
RestorationMaster Water Damage Restoration Process in Superior, WI
Our technicians at RestorationMaster will immediately assess the extent of the water’s spread and work to contain the damage. We have the right water removal and dehumidification equipment to extract standing water and moisture absorbed by affected materials. We will also clean and restore the areas to prevent mold and other issues.
Our technicians treat water damage with these basic steps:
- Initial Assessment: We use moisture detectors, hygrometers, and infrared cameras to assess the extent of the damage.
- Water extraction: We use advanced water extraction equipment that will remove standing water.
- Damaged materials removal: Our technicians will determine which materials we can and cannot save, and remove them from the property.
- Disinfection: We will disinfect the area to prevent mold growth and illness from microorganisms.
- Drying/dehumidification: Our technicians will thoroughly dry the affected areas and objects by setting up our dehumidifiers and air movers.
- Content restoration: We will clean and restore all personal items that experience water damage.
- Moisture testing: Your property will be tested again for moisture after the restoration to ensure that we have effectively removed all excess moisture.
- Reconstruction: If necessary, we will repair the resulting damage.
RestorationMaster Flood Damage Restoration
Incidents involving standing flood water in your property are much more severe than a leak, and can lead to devastating damage. The high volume of water can cause more serious damage to the affected materials and furnishings much faster. The water may also contain sewage or microorganisms that can be harmful to your health. Our technicians will immediately extract the standing water from your property with our advanced water extraction equipment. They will then ensure that the affected area is dried and sanitized. We are prepared to remove sewage safely, and we will leave the area in a safe condition.
As soon as you notice water damage in your home or building, you need to act fast. Otherwise, you may experience mold growth, structural damage, and other serious issues as a result. RestorationMaster is ready to respond to water damage emergencies in Superior, WI to have your home or building dried and restored quickly. You can reach us 24 hours a day by calling our hotline at (218) 461-4434 for emergency services.