Dryco Restoration Services
Meth abuse is an unfortunate problem that affects many people throughout the U.S. In Minnesota, meth abuse has risen considerably since the mid-2000s, and has spread throughout the state, including the Duluth, MN area. As a result of the increased use of meth, there has also been an increase in production. Meth labs often pop up within homes, and the properties used in meth production become dangerously contaminated in the process. It is best for a home contaminated by meth to be decontaminated and restored by a licensed professional.
Dryco Restoration Services provides meth decontamination services in Duluth, MN to fully restore properties used for meth production back to safe living conditions. Our professionals understand the dangers of meth contamination, as well as how to restore the home. We use advanced equipment and cleaning products to decontaminate affected homes and ensure that they are safe for living.
How to Tell if Your Home is Contaminated
With the rise in meth production in our area, it is possible that your home may have once been used to produce meth. If such is the case, your home is more than likely unsafe. While there are signs you can look for that indicate whether or not your home is contaminated, the only sure way to know is to have your home tested. We at Dryco Restoration Services provide swab lab testing to determine if your property is contaminated.
The following are signs that your home is contaminated by meth:
- Odor similar to burning plastic
- Yellowish stains on walls, sinks, drains, and showers
- Bluish stains on faucets, fire extinguishers, and propane tank valves
- Smoke detectors have been removed or defaced
- Odors similar to ammonia
- Bleach stains
- Dark colored stains in sinks
- Burn piles in the yard
- Missing light bulbs
- Or if you are experiencing health issues, such as breathing problems, itchy throat, burning eyes, and/or a metallic taste in your mouth.
You should call our professionals immediately if you notice any of these signs on your property.
Meth Decontamination and Cleanup
Our professionals at Dryco Restoration Services will start by testing your home to determine if it has been contaminated. We will then assess the extent of the decontamination to form a plan that will restore your home to safe living conditions. We use powerful chemical cleaners to clean and restore affected surfaces and we will remove materials that cannot be saved.
Our meth decontamination services consist of the following:
- Removal of porous materials, such as furniture, carpeting, clothing, electronics, and appliances that cannot be saved.
- Removal and disposal of HVAC units that cannot be effectively decontaminated.
- Chemical treatment, scrubbing, and rinsing of all surfaces. This step may require multiple treatments depending on the level of contamination.
- Testing to ensure that the home is restored to safe conditions.
If you believe your home may be contaminated by meth, give Dryco Restoration Services a call immediately to test and decontaminate your home. We will ensure that all permanently damaged materials are removed and thoroughly clean, and disinfect affected surfaces. You can reach us 24 hours a day at (218) 461-4434 for professional meth decontamination in Duluth, MN.