Tips for Removing Common Causes of Allergies
Now that spring is here, we can finally look forward to warmer weather, blooming flowers, and getting the house cleaned from spring cleaning. However, this is also allergy season as many are constantly battling headaches, inflamed sinuses, and itchy eyes. Unfortunately, there are many causes of these symptoms as people are affected by different sources. While there are medications that can be taken to relieve these allergies, they do not remove the source of the problem. However, here you can learn about the causes of allergies and how to have them effectively removed.
Check out the following list of allergy and asthma triggers in order to ease problems for those battling multiple symptoms:
- Mold. This is usually the #1 cause of allergies as this substance can also be toxic if the spores become inhaled. While it usually grows in dark, damp areas, spring conditions harbor the perfect environment for mold. If you do find it in your home, such as in your basement, attic, or crawlspace, it is best leave it alone and call a mold remediation professional right away. They have the right products and equipment to effectively remove it at its source.
- Grass. Some of us love the smell of freshly cut grass; however, for others, it can be extremely irritating to their eyes. Similar to pollen, it is best to close all windows and doors while vacuuming frequently to limit this problem as much as possible.
- Carpet. As the carpeting is the home or building’s most used furniture, it is constantly sustaining foot traffic. Just over the winter season, it can become full of dirt and debris that were tracked in. It can also hold dust that will be kicked into the air, causing those sensitive to it to have headaches, watery eyes, or other allergy symptoms. To remove all embedded dirt and debris, you can call a professional carpet cleaning service and expect a difference within a few days.
- Pillows and Mattress. While many of these furnishings can be extremely comfortable, they are also one of the best hosts for dust and other allergens. If you wake up with a migraine or headache, you may want to consider washing the sheets. If the dust is embedded within the mattress, consider an upholstery cleaning. Using the hot water extraction method, they will be able to fully remove the all dirt and debris within the fabric.
- Furniture. While you may not spend as much time on the couch as you would in your bed (or maybe you do), your furniture can also harbor a lot of dirt and debris deep within the fabric. As a result of holding extra dust, these furnishings can trigger severe allergy symptoms. However, this can also be removed with upholstery cleaning services. The hot water extraction method will remove all embedded dirt and dust within the furniture fabric.
- Pollen. Now that we are dealing with heavy rain, it will only be days before the flowers start blooming and pollen is dispersed. While many of us are allergic to pollen, be sure to keep all windows and doors closed while vacuuming often to limit its spread as much as possible.
- Smoke from Cigarettes. While smoking is not nearly as common as it used to be, some are just not able to quit. Unfortunately, the smoke is an irritant for many living with allergies. If you are living with a smoker, ask them kindly to smoke outside or while you are not in the room.
- Cockroaches. Many would not think that these annoying bugs could trigger allergies, however, their feces contain a specific protein that commonly triggers the symptoms. In order to keep them away from you and your property, be sure to keep up with dirty dishes, not leave food exposed, and prevent moisture in dark areas, such as the basement.
- Pets. While non-shedding dogs are one of the most expensive breeds, some of us are deeply attached to those that are the friendliest. And hairiest. While many of us would never consider giving up Fluffy, the pet hair and dander can trigger numerous allergy problems. In order to prevent them from becoming severe, be sure to vacuum often and maintain professional carpet and upholstery cleaning services.
Professional Cleaning and Restoration Services
Who ever knew that there could be so many triggers for allergy problems? While we often wonder why they become so intense, a combination of two or more of these sources can be the root of the problem. Again, while there are many advantages of spring, such as warmer weather, there are also many steps to take to eliminate as many allergy sources as possible.
As mentioned previously, mold is one of the most common triggers of allergies as it can also be dangerous to remove with home products. It is best to have professional mold removal services in order to guarantee that all affected areas are cleaned, the source is removed, and there are no longer any spores lingering in the air. ServiceMaster is one of the most trusted restoration and cleaning companies in the nation. Available for water restoration, mold removal, and carpet upholstery cleaning, contact your local provider to not only repair the damage, but remove the cause of the allergy problem.