Whether you know it or not, there are a handful of biohazard materials that you may encounter in your daily life. A biohazard material is a substance that contains harmful toxins that can spread illness or infection in those who are exposed. The most common biohazard materials that you may encounter include bodily fluids like blood and tissues as well as other dangerous materials like sewage, mold, and chemicals. When you encounter these types of materials, you need to stay clear of them and call a professional to clean them up. If you encounter biohazard materials at the scene of a major accident or violent crime, you must call 911 first, and then a licensed professional for cleanup.
ServiceMaster SDC provides biohazard cleaning services in Duluth, MN to safely remove all types of dangerous biohazard materials. Our technicians can not only remove biohazard materials and ensure safe disposal, but also disinfect the entire scene to reduce the risk of negative health effects. In cases of violent crimes or accidents, we always take a respectful approach and we are prepared to work with law enforcement.
It is important to be aware of the different types of biohazard materials you may encounter as well as the danger of exposure. Biohazard materials potentially contain viruses, bacteria, and other dangerous elements that will quickly spread infection and disease if they are not handled properly. Biological waste from humans and animals, sewage, mold, and substances containing dangerous chemicals are the most common types of biohazard materials you may come across. If you suspect that you are dealing with biohazard materials, it is best to keep your distance. Dangerous substances like these are better left to the professionals.
Trauma and Crime Scene Cleaning
Situations involving blood or bodily fluids from a serious injury or violent crime require a different approach than a sewage cleanup. In these situations, EMTs and law enforcement officials are called to the scene first, but they do not clean and disinfect the scene which is why you must also call our professionals. Our technicians will arrive ready to work with law enforcement officials to avoid any actions that might compromise the investigation. We also treat those at the scene with compassion and respect as they deal with the trauma that comes with these types of scenarios.
Complete Biohazard Cleaning
Our technicians at ServiceMaster SDC are licensed, bonded, and insured to handle the cleanup of any type of biohazard materials. We have the proper training and equipment to do it safely and we also use advanced cleaning products and disinfectants to ensure that the area is safe to use again. Our complete biohazard cleaning services consist of the following steps:
- Decontamination: We will thoroughly decontaminate the scene once the biohazard materials have been removed.
- Proper Disposal: We transport all biohazard materials to a licensed medical waste facility for proper disposal.
- Deodorization: We will make sure any lingering odors are eliminated with our effective deodorization process.
- Continuous Monitoring: We constantly monitor our work to make sure it is done quickly and discreetly to protect your privacy.
- Family Assistance and Support: If there is a scenario involving a major injury or death, our technicians will show compassion and respect to those who are coping with the situation. We can also refer those who need additional help to counseling professionals.
- Certified Technicians: Our technicians are highly trained and certified to safely handle the removal of biohazard materials in compliance with local and state government regulations.
If you are faced with biohazard materials of any kind, make sure you keep your distance for your protection and call our professionals to clean and disinfect the area. In the event of a violent crime or serious accident, call emergency responders first to react to the scene, and then call our professionals. ServiceMaster SDC is ready to provide biohazard cleaning services in any scenario in the Duluth, MN area. You can call us at (218) 461-4434, 24 hours a day for emergency biohazard cleaning services.