Fires are potentially the most detrimental disasters a property can go through as they occur quickly and cause extensive damage. This damage even continues after the flames have been extinguished. Knowing this, it’s important to seek restoration for fire-damaged properties right away. Soot from smoke and corrosive byproducts from burnt synthetic materials will cause damage — such as etching and tarnishing — that will become permanent. With our fire and smoke damage restoration services, RestorationMaster helps homes and businesses affected by fires in Wheat Ridge, CO. To prevent the damage from worsening and spreading, we respond immediately and use advanced cleaning equipment to restore your property.
A great deal of the building materials and objects in a home or business are made using synthetic materials. These materials, when burned, produce chemical emissions such as soot and residue that will keep spreading even after the fire has been extinguished. The soot and chemical emissions cause damage by tarnishing and etching various surfaces: aluminum, brass, carpeting and upholstery, chrome, marble, porcelain, tile, and more. If not restored quickly enough, the etching and tarnishing will become permanent. RestorationMaster can help by repairing and restoring the damaged structural elements, furnishings, and other objects.
The following five steps are included within our complete fire damage restoration services:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Cleaning contents
- Content pack-out
- Cleaning ceilings and walls
What to Do After a Fire
- Get in touch with RestorationMaster once the fire has been extinguished so that restoration can begin promptly, limiting the potential for permanent damage.
- If the temperature outside is at least 60 degrees, air out your home by opening up doors and windows.
- Clean off aluminum chrome, Formica, and porcelain surfaces to prevent any tarnishing from becoming permanent.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, replace the air filter.
- To filter out loose soot lingering in the air, tape damp cheesecloths on every return and supply vent.
- Any open food containers must be thrown away.
- If the power is out, leave the refrigerator door open, and clean it out.
- Smoke-damaged clothing should be brought to a professional that conducts restoration dry cleaning.
What NOT to Do After a Fire
- The oils in your hand can worsen soot damage done to drywall, upholstery, or wood, so don’t touch these surfaces.
- Improper cleaning methods aggravate soot damage, so don’t attempt to wash soot-damaged walls. Likewise, don’t clean soot-damaged carpeting or upholstery either.
- If electrical appliances haven’t been inspected, don’t use them.
- If the ceiling is wet, don’t use ceiling fixtures.
Contact RestorationMaster at (720) 706-8965, where we can be reached 24/7, if your home or business in Wheat Ridge, CO, has suffered fire damage. The damage can become permanent, so it’s important to seek professional help immediately. We will use the industry’s most advanced equipment and cleaning products when containing the damage and restoring your property.