Water damage is the most common type of damage to occur in a home or building because it can be caused by many different sources at virtually any time. Wet weather conditions like rain and flooding often lead to indoor water damage, but it can also be caused by factors inside your home like overflows, burst pipes, leaks, and sewage backups. Once water damage occurs, you must act fast because the water will continue to spread through absorbent building materials which will greatly increase the damage. RestorationMaster provides professional water damage restoration services for homes and businesses in Manasquan, NJ that have sustained damage from excess water or flooding. Our technicians will remove the water and moisture with our advanced equipment and take measures to prevent mold and corrosion.
Water Damage Cleanup in Manasquan, NJ
When water enters a home or building, it gradually gets absorbed into building materials like sheetrock, flooring, wood, and substructures. As the water spreads through these materials, it can cause damage such as swelling, warping, and breaking of adhesive bonds which can lead to very serious structural damage. Even a small leak can eventually penetrate the affected materials deep enough to cause considerable damage. Any hesitation to deal with the water damage will not only allow the water to spread further, but also increase the risk of mold growth. The presence of mold will make the damage much worse and introduce serious health risks to the situation. It is important for water to be removed from a home or building before it has a chance to spread through porous building materials.
The technicians of RestorationMaster are trained and certified to provide effective water damage restoration using the top water extraction and drying equipment available. We understand how easily water damage can turn into a major issue which is why we provide emergency response 24 hours a day.
For Water Damage Restoration and Cleanup , watch Our RestorationMaster Video:
Our water damage restoration services are broken down into the following phases:
- Emergency Service: Our technicians will arrive as soon as possible to contain the excess water and assess the damage. As part of our assessment we will determine what damaged materials should be removed and which materials, including the carpeting, can be dried in place. We will then extract the water and set up dehumidifiers and air movers to dry the flooring, furniture, structural elements, and other affected materials. Our technicians will remove materials that are damaged beyond repair.
- Reinstallation and Cleaning: After the drying process, we will thoroughly clean the affected areas to help prevent mold growth, corrosion, and other common effects of water damage. During the cleaning, we may need to move furniture and even carpeting to clean more thoroughly. We will reinstall the carpeting and move the furniture back to its original place when the cleaning is done.
- Structural Repairs: If your home or building has sustained structural damage from the water, we will assess the damage and begin repairs after the drying and cleaning process is complete. We provide complete reconstruction to repair flooring drywall, ceilings, and other structural elements that have been damaged.
Contact Us 24/7 for Water Damage Restoration & Cleanup in Manasquan, NJ
If excess water has gotten into your home or building due to weather conditions or an internal factor, make sure you call our professionals before it spreads deeper into the building materials. Our technicians at RestorationMaster provide effective water damage restoration services in Manasquan, NJ to remove excess water or moisture and protect your home or building from serious damage. You can call us any time 24 hours a day at (732) 338-2454 for water damage emergencies.
Nearby Water Damage Restoration Services in New Jersey
Helpful Water Damage Repair and Prevention Information
If there is flooding in your basement, it is essential to take immediate action to remove the water and dry out the affected areas. Implementing this will assist in preventing further damage to your property. Flooding in the basement poses a significant safety risk. In addition to property damage and costly clean-up, it can also cause structural damage to the building, which could potentially jeopardize the safety of you and your family. Here are some potential hazards linked to a flooded basement.
Finding water damage in their basement can be a difficult and overwhelming experience, especially for homeowners. In addition, it may result in expensive repairs and possible loss of personal belongings if not dealt with promptly. By taking appropriate steps, individuals can reduce the damage caused by rainwater to their basement and keep a dry environment. Now let’s discuss methods for preventing rainwater damage to your basement.
Proper maintenance of your home is essential. It is important to consider the structural integrity, safety, curb appeal, and value retention of your property. Identifying and addressing hidden water leaks is a critical part of home maintenance. Neglecting to address these issues can result in substantial property damage and the growth of mold. To ensure your investment has a long lifespan, it is important to prioritize routine maintenance and prompt repairs. There are multiple indicators that can help identify a potential water leak in your home. It is important to recognize signs of a leak and take immediate action to prevent potential damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long is the Drying Process for Water Damaged Homes?
It is challenging to precisely determine the duration required to dry a water-damaged home without a professional evaluation of the extent of damage. Nonetheless, you can estimate the timeframe based on the severity of the damage.
For minor water damage, the drying process typically spans around 3-5 days. This applies to situations where the water is relatively contained and hasn’t penetrated deeply into the adjacent materials. In cases of significant water damage, the process can extend to several weeks if the water has spreaded extensively into the affected materials. Quick response to water damage can potentially save you several days of the drying process. Philip White Water Restoration is available 24/7 to immediately take action on water damage and save your properties.
How to Prevent Indoor Flooding from Storms?
1. Assess the Drainage on Your Property
2. Raise Your Home
3. Install a Sump Pump
4. Coat and Seal Foundation
5. Raise Electrical Outlets
6. Protect Pipes with Check Valves
7. Keep Mulch Away from the Siding
How to Prevent Water Damage Behind Shower Tiles?
1. Check your shower tiles regularly to detect any signs of water damage such as discoloration, loosening, or cracking.
2. Make sure that all the grout lines are properly sealed to prevent water from seeping in and causing damage.
3. Waterproof the shower area.
4. Keep the shower dry after each use by using a squeegee to remove excess water droplets.
5. Use waterproof caulking around the edges of the tiles and along the perimeter of the walls to prevent moisture from entering.
6. Install a proper drainage system.
7. Run exhaust fans or open windows during and after showering to reduce humidity levels in your bathroom.
8. Clean your shower tiles periodically with mild soap and warm water.
How to Determine if Water Damage is Fresh or Old?
1. Count the water rings: An old water spot will be surrounded with one or more rings.
2. Touch the damaged surface: New water damage feels firm to the touch. Older water damage has the opposite feel: soft and squishy.
3. Find mold colonies: If the water damaged walls or ceilings show mold spots, the area has remained damaged for at least a few days. Mold can grow within 24 to 48 hours after water exposure.
4. Noticing structural decay: The deterioration of the home’s walls, ceilings, tiles, and other structural materials happens over an extensive period of time. When a home’s interior structures break down due to the presence of moisture, it usually means water damage has occurred multiple times.