Hoarding has long been a misunderstood mental disorder but as we learn more about what causes hoarding behaviors, the services that are meant to help those that struggle with hoarding can improve to be more effective. Hoarding disorder is a symptom of anxiety and the behaviors that develop often contribute to hazardous and unsanitary living conditions that can affect the health and safety of those in the home. RestorationMaster provides hoarding cleaning services in Largo, FL to help individuals that struggle with hoarding disorder clean and disinfect their home. We provide effective cleaning services using advanced equipment and products, and we take an approach that is based on building trust and respect with the individual and keeps them in charge of the cleaning.
The most common behavior that is a symptom of hoarding disorder is the extreme collecting of all types of objects coupled with an inability to dispose of anything. This causes the home to fill with items such as food containers, clothing, broken items, newspapers, and sometimes animals which creates hazardous conditions in a home by restricting access through the house, harboring mildew and bacteria that can cause health issues, and significantly increasing the risk of a fire. People that hoard are usually embarrassed by their situation and do not call for cleaning services themselves, making it important for a friend or family member to reach out and help them understand the importance of cleaning up their home.
RestorationMaster has highly trained and certified technicians that are ready to handle any case of hoarding with our advanced cleaning products and equipment. We will not only remove all unwanted hoarded items, but also clean up and sanitize the home so that it is safe to live in again. You can expect the following from our hoarding cleaning services:
- Salvaging money, jewelry, and other valuable items
- Throwing away unwanted items
- Help making decisions on whether to throw away, donate, or recycle unwanted items
- Delivery of donated items to the preferred non-profit organization
- Distribution of certain items to family members
- Assistance with filling out paperwork from lawyers, trusts, and government agencies
Hoarding Cleaning Services from RestorationMaster
It is important to build a sense of trust with the individual to clean the home more effectively and we also give them the final say on whether an object gets kept, donated, or thrown away. This new approach consist of the following 3 phases:
Phase 1: Establishing Trust and Respect
- Before stepping foot into the home, we try the best we can to get an assessment of the situation.
- We work to build a personal connection with the affected individual by establishing feelings of mutual trust and respect.
- We begin creating a cleaning plan with the individual and their family and if we feel like the affected individual needs additional help in this stage, we can refer them to a counseling professional.
Phase 2: Creating and Implementing a Cleaning Plan
- We form a cleaning plan to remove unwanted items and sanitize the home with the help of the individual.
- We reorganize as well as clean and sanitize what is left after the unwanted hoarded items are removed.
- We leave the final decision on what to do with each object with the affected individual so that they are in control of the process.
Phase 3: Follow Up
- We form a cleaning plan that the individual and their family can follow to keep their home clean.
- We do follow ups over the phone to make sure the individual is keeping their home clean and if not, we will come back to the home for further cleaning.
- We make sure the affected individual maintains an element of control throughout every step of the process.
Many people throughout the U.S. struggle with hoarding and allowing the behaviors to persist will eventually result in very dangerous and unsanitary living conditions. If you have a close friend or family member in the Largo, FL area that could benefit from our hoarding cleaning services, give us a call right away.
RestorationMaster is available 24 hours a day at (727) 228-7282 to provide more information about our hoarding cleaning services.