While individuals affected do not want to be labeled as “hoarders,” their living conditions put them and everyone else on the property at severe risk for injuries. But due to the mental disorder, they are constantly battling an anxiety to remove these unnecessary items from their home.
But RestorationMaster is available in the Collinsville, IL area to provide professional hoarding cleanup services. Our technicians understand the anxiety and stress involved in this situation, which is why we work with compassion and respect, being careful not to dispose of any items without first getting their approval.
Dangers Caused by Hoarding
While cleaning up a home can seem simple, battling an anxiety of discarding unwanted items can seem overwhelming. Whether there are significant amounts of books, magazines, antiques, knick-knacks, and even animals, the accumulation of these items will produce fire hazards by blocking emergency exits as well as allow mold growth from combined moisture and bacteria.
If you have a loved one who has a home that is similar to these conditions, reaching out to them as soon as possible is crucial. You could actually be their only hope to a healthy lifestyle as they may be too embarrassed by the mess to reach out themselves. Be sure to speak with them about the details, explaining that you care for their safety, and will work with them throughout the cleaning process.
Experienced Hoarding Cleanup
After speaking with your loved one and have their approval to call a professional service, contact RestorationMaster. Each of our technicians has experience in working with a number of individuals affected by hoarding.
We will put them in charge of the cleaning process, careful not to throw anything away without their approval. The home will also be cleansed of all bacteria, mold, and biohazards, as well as deodorized to restore safe and healthy living conditions.
Our professional hoarding cleanup services include all of the following:
- Working with respect: As soon as we arrive, our technicians will develop a professional relationship with the affected individual. We will then put them in charge of the cleanup process, careful not to dispose of any items without their approval.
- Removal of all unwanted items: After establishing the relationship, we will organize the items into groups and allow them to decide which belongings to be kept and others to throw away.
- Disinfection: After all unnecessary items are removed from the property, all remaining surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized. Biohazards and mold growth will also be removed, if present.
- Deodorization: The entire home will be thoroughly removed of foul odors to restore healthy breathing conditions.
- Working with insurance: If the affected individual chose to file an insurance claim, we will work with the insurance company to ensure a seamless claims process.
- Review: We will schedule follow up meetings to ensure that the individual is doing well and that the home maintains a clean condition. Additional cleaning sessions can also be scheduled, if necessary.
Nothing can describe the stress involved when trying to dispose of unwanted items. So they begin to accumulate over time, blocking emergency exits and putting everyone on the property in danger. But working with a professional cleaning service, our technicians will work with them to restore a safe and clean environment for everyone.
RestorationMaster is available at (618)623-0065 in the Collinsville, IL area to provide professional hoarding cleanup services.