Water is the most common cause of disaster damage because it can come from so many sources. Whether it’s from a flash flood, overflowing tub or too much humidity, water damage is a mess. It soaks into building materials and upholstery, spreading even further and causing more damage. Worst of all, mold and mildew begin to grow within days. That’s why it’s so important to call the professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete at the first sign of excess water or water damage in Warren and Bridgewater Township, NJ. We provide water damage restoration services to quickly remove water, and clean up and restore any damage. We’ll be on site within two hours of your call to mitigate the spread of the water and begin the restoration.
Water damage is especially devastating because it spreads so quickly. The most common home building materials, like wood, drywall, and insulation, are very porous and allow water to spread through the structure. This causes widespread damage and gives mold a way to infiltrate. That’s why the specialists at ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete use only the most advanced drying equipment and cleaning products available in the industry for your home or business. Most projects can be completed in 3-5 days.
ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete’s 3 Step Water Damage Restoration Process Includes:
Containment and Assessment. We arrive onsite within 2 hours of your call to stop the spread of the water. Only then do we do a comprehensive assessment of the damage to determine the restoration procedure.
Water Extraction and Drying. We set up powerful air movers and dehumidifiers to quickly and efficiently extract the water. We monitor the equipment daily and adjust as needed.
Reinstallation and Cleaning. We’ll replace anything that was moved during the process, and clean and disinfect all affected areas.
If you find significant water damage at your home or business in Warren or Bridgewater Township, NJ, call the experts at ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (732) 571-4004. While you’re waiting, here are a few things you can do to limit damage.
- Remove rugs, mats and other easily removed floor coverings. Leave carpets to the professionals.
- Slide drapery ends over a coat hanger, then hang it from the curtain rod. Make sure the ends are out of the water.
- Move paintings, photos, valuables and mementoes to a safe location.
- Open cabinet doors and drawers to allow air flow and keep them from sticking.
- Keep water damaged books packed together on shelves until they can be restored by experts.
- Wipe off wet furniture and place sheets of aluminum foil under all furniture legs to prevent them from staining flooring and carpets.
- Try to blot and mop as much water as possible.
There are several important things to avoid doing.
- Don’t walk into a room with standing water unless the electricity has been turned off.
- Don’t try to clean up water using a standard household carpet vacuum cleaner. It’s not designed for wet cleaning.
- Don’t try to remove carpeting or tile by yourself. Carpeting can shrink as it dries.
- Don’t use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Don’t use ceiling fixtures in rooms with wet ceilings.
- Don’t try to clean up mold and mildew yourself.
Water damage can easily become a major disaster, so call the experts at ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (732) 571-4004 if you find water damage in your home or business in Warren or Bridgewater Township, NJ. Our fast response keeps damage to a minimum and our advanced equipment and techniques will restore your property so you can get back to your life.