One reason fires are so emotionally and financially devastating is because they cause a great deal of damage to your home and possessions quickly. It’s important to have smoke detectors on every level of your home, as well as a fire extinguisher. Have your fireplace regularly serviced, and consider keeping a fire extinguisher nearby as well. If you do experience a fire, leave the building immediately; don’t stop to grab belongings or even to call 911. Call from a nearby home or business, and as soon as the fire is out, call the professionals at RestorationMaster. We’ll arrive within 2 hours to the scene of fires in Warren and Bridgewater Township, NJ to mitigate the damage and begin the restoration process.
Even though the flames are out, soot and caustic byproducts from burned synthetics can etch and tarnish household surfaces like aluminum, brass, and porcelain. The damage will become permanent in days unless properly treated. The experts at RestorationMaster have the training and equipment to restore structural elements and furnishings that have been damaged in fires. We use the most advanced cleaning products in the industry to safely and effectively clean household surfaces before they’re ruined forever.
RestorationMaster’s 4 Step Fire Damage Restoration Process Includes
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content Cleaning and pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Odor removal
Every minute counts after a fire, so as soon as possible, call the experts at RestorationMaster 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (732) 571-4004 for fire damage restoration in Warren and Bridgewater Township, NJ.
Fire Restoration – What to Do
- Call us right away to stop the spread of the damage.
- Open windows to air out your home if the outside air temperature is over 60 degrees.
- If your home uses forced air for heating/cooling, change the filter.
- Place damp cheesecloth over intake and return registers to avoid spewing soot through the air.
- Throw away any opened packages of food, and do the same with items in the refrigerator if the power went out.
- Save smoke damaged items until after the restoration crew has assessed them. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Smoke Mitigation – What NOT to Do
Don’t touch walls, upholstery or woodwork that has soot damage with bare hands. Oils from your skin can cause further damage.
- Don’t try to clean it yourself. Commercially available cleaning products can’t do the job, and it takes special training to clean delicate surfaces.
- Don’t use appliances until they’ve been checked by an electrician.
- Don’t use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
Just because the flames are out doesn’t mean the threat of damage is over. Corrosive elements can continue to wreak havoc on structural elements and furnishings, and it can become permanent in days. Call RestorationMaster 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (732) 571-4004 for fire damage remediation in Warren and Bridgewater Township, NJ as soon as the flames are out. We’ll arrive within hours to stop the damage and begin the restoration.