ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration And Recovery
According to Bankrate.com, California had 78 major natural disaster declarations between 1953 and 2013. That included thousands of homes filled with personal belongings that needed to be restored, but back then may have been thrown away. These days, residents of San Mateo, CA can count on the professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration and Recovery to restore cherished property and contents.
Our highly trained technicians provide high quality content cleaning and pack-out services, using advanced products, equipment and procedures. We’ll work with your insurance company to ensure your claim is submitted, processed, and paid as quickly as possible.
Content Cleaning Services
Many people don’t know this, but smoke and soot continue to damage your home and its contents even after the flames are extinguished. Smoke infiltrates fabric surfaces and soot can etch surfaces like porcelain, brass and aluminum. Even the byproducts from fighting the fire can damage your home and its contents! ServiceMaster Restoration and Recovery can stop the damage from spreading, repair or restore the damage from soot, and remove lingering odors. We use the best equipment and products in the industry to safely restore your home and belongings.
We do most of our restoration work on-site, but occasionally items require more extensive cleaning. In extreme cases, we will carefully pack-out heavily damaged items and take them to our secured facility, where they will be inventoried before cleaning. We provide a copy of the inventory to you and will keep you apprised of the progress. Once the items are ready, we will deliver them to you.
Disasters don’t give warning, so take these precautions now so you’re ready, just in case:
- Make a digital inventory of furniture, jewelry, artwork and any other valuables.
- Document details that aren’t apparent in a photo, such as price, recent appraisals, sentimental value, etc.
- Save copies of the inventory in at least two places. One obvious place is in cloud storage that can be accessed anywhere. Websites such as Dropbox and Microsoft offer free storage and can be accessed anywhere there’s Internet access.
- Keep important papers in a fireproof/waterproof box or in a safe deposit box. Scan copies and keep them in the cloud.
- Make two sets of keys and make sure one copy is kept outside of your home, such as with a friend or relative in a nearby town.
In any disaster, the first priority is the safety of yourself and your family. When it’s time to begin the cleanup process in San Mateo, CA, call the experts at ServiceMaster Restoration and Recovery at (408) 457-0633 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We’re ready when you need us.