What Is Luxestone?
If you are an ardent lover of natural beauty and aesthetic originality, you will certainly want to incorporate as many natural elements and unique designer ideas in your home décor as possible. Fortunately, this won’t be a problem as you can choose from an overwhelming variety of designer options and building materials for your living place. To create a natural look of elegance and uniqueness, however, you may want to go beyond the commonly used features in home design. In such a case, Luxestone may be exactly what you need. It offers an innovative, artistic solution for your landscape and interior design projects that is both breathtakingly beautiful and utterly practical.
What is Luxestone?
Luxestone is a durable, natural stone veneer that can be used in a variety of outdoor and indoor applications. It comes in a wide range of styles and colors that can satisfy any demand and meet any aesthetic preference.
LuxeStone products are handcrafted from individually cut semi-precious stones and minerals (obsidian, amethyst, turquoise, mother of pearl, tiger’s eye, etc.) that are bound together through an extensive manufacturing procedure.
The infusion process used to fabricate the Luxestone slabs allows for sublime structural performance and flexibility, representing craftsmanship at its highest level. Different colors, patterns and textures are tastefully arranged and harmoniously blended to create a true expression of art and genuine vision.
Despite its intricate and delicate nature, Luxestone has all the inherent qualities of natural stone – it is extremely durable, resistant to high and low temperatures, and has minimal water absorption. Therefore, Luxestone products can easily withstand adverse atmospheric conditions and last for many years of heavy use. Naturally, the stone veneer will retain heat in the winter and cold in the summer, enhancing the energy efficiency of your home.
What’s more, LuxeStone products contain a high percentage of recycled materials which makes them an ethical, eco-friendly choice for your home décor. Needless to say, using this natural building material will also assist with LEED certification (when required for a commercial building or historical restoration).
Considering the impressive combination of high quality, gorgeous appearance, and low maintenance that Luxestone offers to modern day homeowners, its rapidly growing popularity in recent years comes as no surprise at all.
Luxestone Appearance and Style
Luxestone is stunningly beautiful and flexible, which makes it suitable for all kinds of artistic ideas and inspirational designs.
The varying profiles of the stone give Luxestone veneer great depth and rich texture. The varying depths cast a variety of shadows, so the look of the stone changes as light changes throughout the day. Besides, some of the semi-precious stones are translucent and change in color when backlit, further enhancing the aesthetic value and perception of the unique stone veneer. The colors themselves are characteristically vivid, adding unparalleled charm and warmth to the ambience.
The rugged texture of the stone cladding offers an exposed, worn look that suggests years in the elements, making Luxestone perfect for rustic and natural looking applications.
LuxeStone is very versatile and can be used in a variety of commercial and residential projects. It is particularly popular for:
- Exterior cladding;
- Accent walls;
- Archways and columns;
- Fireplaces and chimneys;
- Outdoor kitchens and barbecue islands;
- Patios, decks, porches and balconies;
- Pools, spa areas and other water features.
Similar to Ledgestone, Luxestone offers the look of dry stacked individual stones. This gives natural beauty and timeless appeal to any application, whether it’s a home facade, office feature wall, fireplace, or general landscaping. What’s more, the interlocking Luxestone panels allow for user friendly installation and complex customary designs (matching 90 ̊ corners are available in all colors and shapes, greatly facilitating the installation process).
As it is with all types of natural stone, professional installation yields the best possible results. However, if you prefer to install your Luxestone features yourself for one reason or another, make sure you:
- Check the wall and substrate to verify that they are strong enough to support the weight of the Luxestone panels;
- Thoroughly clean the surface where the Luxestone veneer will be applied;
- Dampen the entire working surface and the back of the panel to prevent the moisture of the mortar from being absorbed by the wall or the panel;
- Use a trowel to apply a layer of mortar (about ½’’ thick) to the backup wall, as well as to the back of the stones;
- Press the stones firmly against the wall (install any necessary corner pieces first). Start from the bottom and work your way up so that the stone panels are always level;
- Place the stone panels in a brick pattern to avoid vertical joints lining up the wall. Cutting the corner panels into different lengths will do the trick for you;
- Immediately clean any mortar droppings (mortar is very difficult to remove when it hardens);
- Wait for about 36 hours and then clean the Luxestone surface with mild detergent and a soft bristle brush;
- Consider sealing the stone surface to help repel dirt and stains and ensure adequate protection against the elements. The sealed Luxestone veneer will be easier to clean and maintain, but the sealer may alter the stones’ natural colors and authentic look. Also, have in mind that periodical resealing will be required for optimal protection.
Luxestone is very durable, heat-, stain- and scratch-resistant, eco-friendly, stunningly beautiful, and extremely versatile. All in all, it is a worthy investment that will greatly enhance the value of your home and the overall appeal of your interior and exterior décor.