Millions of people suffer from season and pollen allergies. Seeing that spring has arrived, your symptoms could include things like runny nose, itchy eyes, sore throat and sneezing. Reducing pollen allergies will help you and your respiratory feel better all summer long.
Pollen spores are actually the male reproductive cells of plants. These spores travel through the air and land around your property and throughout your air system. Many allergies are brought on by pollen produced by trees, grass and weeds, unlike the pollen produced by flowering plants. These flowering plant’s pollen is heavier and often require insects to transfer pollen, whereas tree, grass and week pollen is much lighter and can be carried by the wind. This pollen is generally released from early spring to fall which can make quite a lot of people miserable. The rate of pollen release can also determine by the years weather, such as drought or extreme heat.
Unfortunately, if you start experiencing an allergy to a certain pollen you most likely will experience symptoms to other pollen in the future. Some pollen includes:
Trees – Ash, Birch, Oak, Poplar, Walnut, Elm
Weeds – Tumbleweed, Ragweed, Sagebrush
Grasses – Rye, Orchard, Sweet Vernal, Timothy
These are just some of the pollen you may have allergies to.
When you are experiencing allergy symptoms, pollen counts are very important if you want to enjoy the outside. These counts help you assess which kind of pollen is highest during certain times of the day.
Reducing Pollen Allergies
– Keep you windows closed during high pollen times. Wind will easily bring pollen spores throughout your home causing symptoms to escalate. This is especially important if anyone is mowing their lawn close by.
– Make sure to take your shoes off once you enter the house. Pollen can be tracked in from your shoes and be left on floors and carpets.
– If you have any pets, make sure you wipe their feet and fur off before you let them roam the house. Fur can carry pollen very easily.
– Replace your air filters. If your HVAC system is cleaned regularly, it can help by preventing pollen from traveling through your home.
– Keep a well dusted home. Pollen will inevitably enter your home at some point over the warmer months so make sure you dust at least once a week. This will help by minimizing and reducing pollen allergies.
– When you preform yard work, always wear gardening gloves and boots. If your allergies are severe, a pollen mask will greatly minimize what you are breathing in.
Pollen allergies affect millions of people every year. These allergies can cause serious reactions that can make your summer miserable. Reducing pollen allergies will help you get through your day. If you need help cleaning your HVAC system, don’t hesitate to call an air duct cleaning company near you.