How Often Should You Clean Your Air Ducts & Vents?
Think the sneezing and sniffles you have every morning signal allergies or a cold? You could be mistaken if the issue is caused by your own home. Just as the air filter in your vehicle and the lint trap in your dryer must be replaced or cleaned, the same attention must be paid to your air ducts and vents. Having your heating and cooling system cleaned as a preventative measure is wise in response to certain events:
- You think that water has entered your duct-work.
This can occur if your roof begins to leak or a pipe bursts.
- Your air conditioner condensation drainage system malfunctions.
This water may collect and harbor mold.
- There was a nearby forest fire or industrial fire.
Ash and soot can settle into your heating and cooling systems.
- You experienced flooding in your house or in your area.
Moisture may have settled into your ventilation system and can trap allergens in your home.
- You recently did a home remodeling or home improvement project.
Drilling, resurfacing and replacement of tiles and flooring may kick up dust in your home.
- You resolved an insect or rodent infestation.
It is best to consult a professional duct cleaner to ensure all traces of this issue have been removed.
- You are moving into a new home.
You may not know what the previous owners’ habits were, so it is wise to have the ducts cleaned before you move in.
- There is visible mold growth in your vents or you smell mold or mildew in the ducts.
It is possible the problem has spread to other areas of your home, which means it’s time to call in a professional.
Hiring air duct and vent cleaning services
RestorationMasterFinder.com is a great resource for reliable and affordable air duct and vent cleaning in your area! Simply visit the website, select your state from the menu and click on the featured service provider closest to your home.
RestorationMasterFinder.com features ServiceMaster experts for everything from vent cleaning services to fire damage cleanup and water restoration services across the nation. These highly trained technicians are ready to handle emergencies around-the-clock, or schedule appointment times at your convenience.